Saturday, April 13, 2024

April 13, 2024 Lunch - Costco Hot dog. Dinner - spaghetti with clams.

April 13, 2024 Lunch - Costco Hot dog. Dinner - spaghetti with clams.


I woke up at 5:00 to watch the soccer match between Newcastle and Tottenham, which Newcastle won 4 to 0,


Then at 8:30 we drove to the first Downtown Farmer’s Market of the year and walked around the entire circumference.  We bought plants for the garden.


Then we drove to the Albuquerque’s Water gardens and bought two aquatic and a Japanese Maple and a pot to plant it in. After the water gardens we drove to Pastian’s Bakery where we bought a loaf of Kommisarbrod and Raisin bread and a cheese Danish.


Suzette gave me a fig bar to eat on the drive to Costco, so I was able to shop before eating.


We then drove to Costco and shopped.  We bought clams, a case of wine, mushrooms, asparagus, olive oil, brie cheese, baguettes, Pecorino Romano cheese, and a few other items but there were no chocolate crepes.


After we shopped we ate hot dogs for lunch and then drove home.



Suzette planted the aquatic plants and worked in the garden while I watched the last half of the match between Bournemouth and Man United that ended in a 2 to 2 draw.


 I then took 6 bottles of the wine we bought downstairs and brought up a Hermann Winer Riesling for dinner and a De Ponte 2026 Lonesome Ranch Pinot for our steak dinner tomorrow evening and brought in the other 6 bottles of wine


I then rested and napped until 4:00 when Suzette asked me to help her plant vegetable seeds in the garden.


We planted until 5:30, when I rested until 6:00.


Dinner - We decided to make spaghetti with clams. It takes time to make but is a one of my favorite meals.  Suzette boiled a package of spaghetti and made a steaming medium of white vermouth, butter, 1/2 onion and three cloves of garlic minced and water plus 1/2 cup of parsley and steamed the clams until they were cooked and opened.  




I also sliced and toasted three slices of fresh baguette. Suzette went to the garden and cut a small handful of chives that I sliced into thin ringlets. I also grated about 1 cup of Pecorino Romano cheese to garnish the pasta dish.


Suzette opened the Riesling and it was delicious, especially with the pasta and clams.




We ate on the back patio so we could see and smell the wisteria that is in full bloom.


After dinner we watched an episode of Who is Feeding Phil on Cape Town, South Africa.


Suzette went to bed at 10:00 and I watched the new French TV series Paris Murders about Parisian homicide police.


I went to bed at 11:00 and blogged a bit and then went to bed.


I walked over 3700 steps today.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment