Monday, April 15, 2024

April 15, 2024 Lunch - Menudo at el Super. Dinner - Antelope neck bone stew with Tomato Couscous

April 15, 2024 Lunch - Menudo at el Super. Dinner - Antelope neck bone stew with Tomato Couscous


I woke up at 6:00 and watched the news. Two great themes today. The beginning of the first criminal trial of an exPresident and the melt down of the market in anticipation of Israel’s response to the Iranian rocket attack on Saturday.


The market collapsed and I had another terrible day down 2.1%.


Before Suzette left she filled the new crock pot with onion, fennel, carrots, beef stock, and the antelope neck chops Henry gave me.


I ate granola, milk, yogurt and diced Granny Smith apple for breakfast at 9:00.


I was still hungry at 10:30 so I toasted two slices of rye bread and spread peanut butter and cherry jam on them and ate them with a cup of Earl Grey tea.


I then drove to El Super. This was my first day of driving and it went perfectly because I drove the Prius that only required my good right leg to drive.


I bought an eggplant, limes, lemons, sweet limes, Fuji apples, naval oranges, a cucumber, a ginger root, green beans, two small avocados, cilantro, parsley, green onions, milk, sandwich cookies, Negra Modelo beer, yellow onions, Roma tomatoes, leeks, and celery.


I got hungry again around 12:00 so I wheeled my cart to La Cocina and ordered a large bowl of menudo and a liter bottle of Mexican Coca Cola. The menudo was a thick red chili broth with Posole and tripe mixed in.





After lunch I finished shopping and returned home at 1:00. After I unloaded I lay down and read and napped until 3:30 when I read mail and worked at my desk until 5:45.


I then made tomato couscous by dicing a Roma tomato and sautéing it with a cup of couscous and then adding two cups of boiling water and cooking and steaming it for five or six minutes.


Suzette went to the garage to fetch a bottle of her homemade mango chutney and I fetched the bottle of Swad mixed Pickle and we garnished the dish with those condiments. We finished drinking the 2016 De Ponte Dundee Hills Pinot Nour that tasted better tonight with the antelope stew. We also finished the cucumber salad I made yesterday with dinner.




After dinner we drank a glass of cognac and ate cookies and watched the Antiques Roadshow and went to bed at 9:00.


The antelope stew was wonderful and we have lots it and couscous left for another meal.


Bon Appetit





No comments:

Post a Comment