Sunday, April 28, 2024

April 28, 2024 Breakfast -Sausage and Eggs with Potatoes and Brussels sprouts Snack - Salami and cheese sandwiches. Dinner - Roast Duck with Sautéed Vegetables

April 28, 2024 Breakfast -Sausage and Eggs with Potatoes and Brussels sprouts Snack - Salami and cheese sandwiches. Dinner - Roast Duck with Sautéed Vegetables


This was a gardening and picture hanging day besides watching resent volunteers cracking soccer matches. The biggest was the London derby between Arsenal and Tottenham at Wembley Stadium that Arsenal won 3 to 2. The first match was Nottingham v Man City that Man City won 2 to 0. The two victories put Arsenal h first place  and Amanda city one point behind arsenal in second place.


Suzette made breakfast worked in the garden while I watched soccer and the news until 11:30, when I dressed and joined her. She had planted the plants we bought yesterday, including the four tomato plants. I helped her plant the newly acquired Yumi pine. I also picked a basket of lettuce and trimmed the climbing vine at the entrance to the garden.


The garden is looking a lot better.


At 2:30 I made three open faced sandwiches of salami, slices of onion, and Jarlsberg cheese on toasted baguette spread with Mayo and mustard.


I then napped until 5:30 when we hung five pictures in our bedroom.


Then at 7:00 I chopped a zucchini, 1 1/2 carrots, 1/4 onion, and about a dozen asparagus stalks and Suzette sautéed them.


Then she microwaved the roasted 1/2 duck and roasted potatoes.


I opened the Trader Joe’s Growers’ Reserve 2021 Willamette Valley Pinot Noir that I liked ver much.


Later we ate the chocolate truffles and Italian cheese cake Joanna send me home with last Thursday.

 

Later I had a sip of cognac from the new bottles of Maison Serrene and several squares of Belgian milk chocolate.


Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment