Saturday, April 27, 2024

April 26, 2024 Brunch - PPI Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry Matzo Ball Egg Foo Young. Dinner - Roasted Duck, Potatoes, Asparagus and Onion

April 26, 2024 Brunch - PPI Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry Matzo Ball Egg Foo Young. Dinner - Roasted Duck, Potatoes, Asparagus and Onion


This was a busy but interesting day. I started by working on my transaction with Earn from 6:3 until 9:30. Then I reviewed a PSA for Sarah. At 11:00 I was becoming sore so I finally made brunch.  I added sliced matzo balls to the PPI Chicken and Vegetable stir fry from last night’s meal and when those ingredients were cooked, I added two eggs and stirred them in. After several minutes the egg stiffened and bound the ingredients into a cake like consistency. I let to ingredients cook, while I made tea and the cake browned.


I transferred pieces of the cake to a plate and ate a lovely and filling brunch.





After brunch I met with Rahim and revised a brokerage agreement until 2:00.


As soon as the market closed I checked my portfolio. It was a huge day in the market with the Dow up 153, the NASDAQ up 316’ and the S&P up 51 to 5100.  The market has recovered much its loss of last week in the last two days. My portfolio was up 2.8% thanks in part to Nvda rising $30 and Amazon rising $6.


 I napped from 2:30 until 3:30 and then took a walk around the block without the aid of a cane.


When I returned I watched the news until Suzette arrived at 5:30.


She had a very busy day with lots of gardening resulting in her accumulating 13,000 steps, an all time high for her.

We decided to have a lovely dinner but the roses were in bloom and I wanted to pick a few, including my favorite, Mr. Lincoln.


After I picked three roses and put them in vases and put the Mr. Lincoln, which is highly fragrant on Suzette’s side table, I filled a small Pyrex baking pan with 1/2 onion diced and about two dozen small potatoes sliced in half and Suzette took over the cooking of dinner in a most creative way.


She tossed the potatoes with olive oil and a bit of salt and roasted them in a 350 degree oven covered for about an hour, but after 30 minutes she removed the foil and put the two pre-cooked duck halves in the roasting pan and then in a few more minutes added a handful of olive oil tossed asparagus stalks.


I had anticipated this roasted duck dinner for several days and put a bottle of  Jean XXII 2021 Chateaunuef du Pape in the fridge to chill. When it is warm we like our red wine chilled.



We poured glasses of wine while the food was roasting and found it to be a very complex and wonderfully mellow wine. 


Then when the food was cooked Suzette filled up our plates with roasted potatoes and asparagus and I carved one duck 1/2 by removing the meat from the thigh and leg and slicing the breast and divided the meat between the two plates.





We loved the roasted duck and vegetables with the luscious wine. This was a great meal.


Later after we watched Phil eating in New York and Venice and Moderna, I served us a bowl of chocolate cherry ice cream garnished with several of Suzette’s homemade Maraschino cherries and opened the recently arrived Germain Robin Old Havana cognac which was part of the original inventory made by Germ that was sold to Gallo and came back to Germain after Gallo’s five year exclusivity period.




The Old Havana was incredibly light with a very floral bouquet and a rather distinctive vanilla after taste.


It was a magnificently wonderful dinner from start to finish and was very low in fat.


As I finish this blog on the morning of the 27th I am feeling wonderful.


Good food not only puts you in a good mood, it also puts your body in a good mood.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment