Sunday, February 26, 2023

February 26, 2023 Brunch - Eggs over Easy on Smashed Potatoes, chopped lamb, and onions. Snack - Filipino chicken with charred cauliflower, and rice. Dinner - Roast Duck, Stir Fried Chinese Broccoli, and rice

February 26, 2023 Brunch - Eggs over Easy on Smashed Potatoes, chopped lamb, and onions. Snack - Filipino chicken with charred cauliflower, and rice. Dinner - Roast Duck, Stir Fried Chinese Broccoli, and rice


I woke up at 6:30. I watched Chelsea lose to Tottenham 2 to 0, which kept Tottenham firmly in fourth place in the PL standings.Then I got dressed in blue jeans for the first time since my operation with Suzette’s help.


Suzette then made breakfast of Eggs over Easy on Smashed Potatoes, chopped lamb, and onions. This was the perfect evocation of our style of cooking with leftovers. Both the potatoes and the lamb chop were PPIs.


Suzette simply chopped up a previously grilled lamb chop and several previously baked smashed baby potatoes and sautéed them with some red onion and then added two eggs on top to steam covered by a lid until the white was firm and the yolk slightly runny.




I really enjoyed this morning meal.


Henry arrived at 10:30 after I watched the news and we worked until 3:30, when I had to take a break. Henry brought Dos Equis beers and cheese coated Ruffles and turkey jerky that kept us going until 3:30.


Suzette heated us each a PPI chicken thigh with charred cauliflower and rice that Elaine had made for us and brought Friday night.


After our snack we worked another 2 hours until 5:45.


After Henry left I lay down on the bed and watched 60 Minutes with Suzette, but soon fell asleep until 8:00 when I heated a plate of Roast Duck, Stir Fried Chinese Broccoli, and rice that I ate with a cup of green tea.


I loved the combination of roast duck, stir fried broccoli, and rice in the tea sauce for the duck.





Revived, I blogged this entry and then watched the CNN Special on how ordinary citizens are stepping up to fight the Russians in Ukraine titled the The Will to Win.


Bon Appetit 


No comments:

Post a Comment