Sunday, February 19, 2023

February 18, 2023 Breakfast - Fried Eggs, a Sausage patty, and Toast. Lunch - Chili Relleno Burrito at El Super, Dinner - Sautéed PPI Steak, Saag, and rice

February 18, 2023 Breakfast - Fried Eggs, a Sausage patty, and Toast. Lunch - Chili Relleno Burrito at El Super, - Sautéed PPI Steak, Saag, and rice 


I woke up at 6:15 and watched two amazing PL matches until 9:30.


A cracker between No. 1 Arsenal and No. 11 Aston Vila in which Aston Villa was ahead at the break and the match was tied for a large part of the 2nd half until an own goal by the AV goalie broke AV’s determination and.Arsenal won by 4 to 2.


I then watched an even more unlikely match between No. 2 Man City against No. 14 Nottingham Forest that ended in a 1 to 1 tie.


Suzette left at 8:30 for work and I made breakfast at 9:00.  I sliced and fried in a skillet together, the last 1/8 of a brown onion, a slice of Jimmie Dean sausage, and finally two eggs over easy with a bit of butter.


I also toasted three small slices of baguette that I buttered and spread with  IKEA Orange and Elderberry Marmalade and drank a cup of chai.


Then at 10:00 Mary came and I worked with her to fill in her responses to the Complaint and discuss the case with Robert until 2:30.


Then Suzette drove us to the library to return The Return and pick up Kundera’s The Incredible Lightness of Being.


We then drove to the ATM for some cash and finally to El Super to replenish our fridges with fresh produce.  I held the shopping car while Suzette and I filled it with celery, spinach, oranges, avocados, brown and red onions, Snow peas, green beans, lemons, limes, carrots, fresh squeezed orange juice, sweet potatoes, Roma tomatoes, and several other similar items.


After working for 4 hours at my desk and shopping for 45 minutes, at. 3:30 without any nourishment I hit the wall and needed to sit down and eat something.  I pushed the basket to the in store restaurant next to the produce area and sat while Suzette stood in the service line for food. In the. 5 minutes she stood in line while others were served, I regained enough energy to push the cart to the service line to order food.  I ordered my favorite, a chili Relleno platter with one large warm Chile Relleno and double beans with two toasted flour tortillas and a Mexican coke.  The total for both was $9.86.


I sat and ate while Suzette checked out. I cut the Chile Relleno in half lengthwise to make two long half.  I then lay one half in one of the warm tortillas and added refried beans and chopped onion and cilantro that Suzette fetched from the condiment bar in the middle of the dining area. I then rolled the tortilla around the ingredients to make a chili Relleno and bean burrito. I love the chili rellenos at El Super because they make them with the largest fresh Pasilla chilis and a stuff them with a stringy Mexican cheese that melts into a flavorful gooey stringy core when they are battered and fried with an egg and flour batter coating. They are kept  warm in an aluminum lined section of hot water heated section of the food line with all the other trays of chili, taco meats, and Posole. I spoke Spanish with the attendant who asked which of the two rellenos I wanted and I told her I wanted double beans and no rice and flour tortillas.  After she plated my selected Relleno and filled one of the cavities with refried beans, she buttered and sautéed two flour tortillas on the big iron grill behind the food trays and rolled them in paper and a sheet of aluminum to keep them warm and handed the plate and rolled up tortillas on a tray to the cashier. I then requested the cashier for a bottle of Mexican coke, instead of a can and paid for the lunch.




I cannot express how delicious this burrito tasted with its gooey viscous warm cheese filing, fresh battered chili and warm flour tortilla washed down with sips of cane sugar Mexican coke. I literally felt my taste buds and muscles coming back to life as I ate.


I filled the other flour tortilla with the other half of the chili Relleno and beans and the rest of the fresh chopped cilantro and onions that Suzette had fetched.


In about fifteen minutes Suzette returned from checking out and we sipped the last few sips of coke and I put the other burrito in a plastic bag into my jacket for later consumption and I pushed the cart out to the car without any further pain. Suzette loaded the groceries into the Highlander, drove us home, and unloaded the groceries into the fridges, while I got into bed around 4:00. I napped until Suzette awakened me at 6:00.


While I slept Suzette had had a spa session, including exercise in the hot tub, showering and shaving, and applying a herbal mask to her face.


So we were both refreshed.


 Dinner was a quick prep while I went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth, Suzette sautéed several slices of PPI grilled rib steak with the last of the Saag, some of the prepared Turmeric rice, some chopped onion in the last of the lamb korma sauce to create a beef korma. We doused the dish with blobs of yogurt and enjoyed our third Indian meal from the Naan and Dossa prepared dishes. She drank Chianti and I drank water.  





After dinner I mentioned that we needed to refill the bottle with rice and asked Suzette to bend over and pull the jasmine rice from the back of the pantry.  When she did she discovered that the mouse we had in the house before it died from the poison I put out, had eaten small holes in the bag of couscous and black beans also stored on the flour.  Suzette went into action and cleaned out the pantry of spilled beans and couscous and mouse droppings.


Finally at 7:30 she joined me in front of the TV where we watched a house hunter episode about Austin, Texas, and then an episode of Father Brown.


I could not stay awake any longer and went to bed at 9:30, while Suzette watched Death in Paradise.


I awakened at 2:30 to blog this blog and watch a few minutes of news about the heightening tensions between the US and China and Vice President Harris accusing Russia of War crimes for its indiscriminate killing of civilians in Ukraine and the stepped up efforts of the European countries to support Ukraine at the Munich Security conference.


I invited Willy over at 8:00 to watch soccer so I went back to sleep at 4:15.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment