Thursday, February 9, 2023

February 9, 2023. Breakfast - Truffled scrambled eggs, fried bacon, and toast. Lunch - Steak and Ham, Dinner - Beef and lentil soup.

February  9, 2023. Breakfast - Truffled scrambled eggs, fried bacon, and toast. Lunch - Steak and Ham,  Dinner - Beef and lentil soup.


Suzette woke me up at 8:00.  I took a quick wash cloth to my face and body and then got dressed with Suzette’s help.


Suzette then made a breakfast of truffle scrambled eggs, two strips of fried bacon and a slice of toast that I buttered and spread Blackberry jam on.  Suzette also made me a cup of tea with milk.





A bit after 9:00 we drove to NM Ortho for my follow up visit.  We were early and we were taken early for our 10:00 appointment. 


I became light headed as we approached the exam room and my blood pressure was low when it was taken in the exam room.  I soon recovered and the nurse removed the bandage covering my wound and then Allison, PA to Dr. Mulkey, met with us and inspected the incision, which she declared to be perfect.


We then drove to the State Fair grounds where Suzette picked up gowns and Covid kits.


We then drove home and I rested for about ten minutes in bed until Ken and Mary arrived.


We spent over 1 1/2 hours on their case until about 1:30.


After Ken and Mary left, Suzette said she would enjoy a salad, so I started to make salads for both of us.  I fetched a cucumber, a tomato, four radishes, a head of romaine lettuce, 


At 2:00 Michelle from Caylus Rehab arrived and walked right into the front door left open by Ken and Mary. Suzette rehab folks always walk in because many of their clients are bed bound.


Suzette took over in the kitchen and made the salads while I did the intake interview with Michelle and short PT session that last over 1 hour.


Finally, around 3:30 when Michelle left we were able to eat our salad with a piece of toast each that we spread creamy Boursin cheese spread on.


Suzette had completed the salads by adding a sliced har boiled egg, and chopped cured ham on my salad and steak on her salad.  





After lunch at around 4:15 I finally lay down in bed and napped for about 1/2 hour.


While I was resting Suzette cut up the leftover grill Rib steak from last night’s dinner and braised the chunks.  She then quartered and added several white mushrooms and a cup of dried lentils and water and simmered the soup.


Suzette went into a zoom meeting at 6:00 and I went to the kitchen to check on 


dinner at 6:30.


The water has almost evaporated, so I added 1 1/3 cup of water and 1/2 T.   of dried marjoram.


I then watched TV until Suzette was finished with her zoom meeting and declared the soup ready.  She then toasted two more slices of bread, fetched the wedge of Jarlsberg cheese, filled two bowls with soup and poured herself a glass of Vara vino Tinto. I drank water to try to stabilize my blood pressure.


We could not take my glucose before dinner, so I ate only 1 bowl of soup.


We lay slices on the toast and ate them with the soup.


The lintels that had still been hard at 6:30, had softened by 7:30 and the simple soup had developed a rich beef broth, so it was a delicious meal.





I got back in bed and watched the news and a bit of a Midsomer Mystery until Suzette came to bed and we went to bed.


I awakened at 10:30 and blogged this blog and read for a while.


We are hoping small meals of clean food will help stabilize my blood pressure and glucose levels.


Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment