Wednesday, February 22, 2023

February 21, 2023 Lunch - Leftover Gyros and Shawarma plus Tabouli and pita. Dinner - Lobster Ravioli in a Shrimp, mushroom, green onion and garlic cream sauce

February 21, 2023 Lunch - Leftover Gyros and Shawarma plus Tabouli and pita. Dinner - Lobster Ravioli in a Shrimp, mushroom, green onion and garlic cream sauce


I slept until 7:00. I watched the news and the Market open for its worst day in months and then dressed and ate granola with milk and blueberries and yogurt for breakfast.


I then worked on a pleading until 12:30 and then ate some of the leftover Gyros and beef Shawarma and Tabouli Willy brought me yesterday.


I then worked a bit longer on the pleading and other matters until Suzette came home and at 3:00 we walked to the corner until we were buffeted with strong winds and caught in an increasingly darkening sky, so we returned to the house.


I made a cup of hot chocolate and drank it and then lay down and watched a Ari Melber and then napped until 6:00.


We discussed dinner.  Suzette suggested cooking a package of lobster ravioli.  I added that I would love it in a garlic cream sauce with shrimp.


So, Suzette fetched a package of lobster ravioli and a bag of shrimp from the garage fridge.


I then chopped the white portion of four green onion and three cloves of garlic and 1/3 of a red bell pepper.


 Then I sliced seven white mushrooms.


The I sliced the green onion tops and Suzette added them to a sauté pan in which she was sautéing the garlic with chopped onion whites and 1/3 of a red bell pepper and about 1 lb. of chopped shrimp.



After Suzette sautéed all the ingredients, she added pasta water and heavy cream to make a light cream sauce.


I then chopped  1/2 cup of fresh parsley.


Suzette served six or seven ravioli coated with the cream, shrimp and mushroom sauce garnished with minced parsley.



I loved dinner and the Wine was crisp with a slightly citrus flavor.


We opened a chilled bottle of Kirkland New Zealand SAUVIGNON BLANC and ate a delicious dinner.


At 7:00 we watched my favorite program, Finding Your Roots.  Every show is interesting but this show was amazing.  It featured Jeh Johnson and Angela Davis.  Both had slave owner roots, but I was amazed that one of Jeh’s white ancestors was a young fife player in the Revolutionary War fighting with the Patriots.  Angela Davis’s white ancestry was even more amazing; one of her ancestors was named Brewster, who was among the original 101 persons who arrived on the Mayflower in 1620.


As Jeh said, “The more you know about the history of America, the more you appreciate its richness.”


Bon Appetit 

No comments:

Post a Comment