Wednesday, February 15, 2023

February 14, 2023 Lunch -Texas Chili with Salad, Valentine’s Day Dinner - Grilled Tenderloin, grilled Lobster Tail, and Pommels de Terre

February 14, 2023 Lunch -Texas Chili with Salad, Valentine’s Day Dinner - Grilled Tenderloin, grilled Lobster Tail, and Pommels de Terre 


I was busy today and it was a weird day of food that ended incredibly well.


I ate a blueberry Newton at 10:30.


Then Rahim came over at 11:00 and we started working on his offering documents.


When Peter came for lunch, I left Rahim in my office and Peter and I heated bowls of Texas Chili and I split the salad from Sunday between us. Peter also took a scoop of guacamole and I toasted a flour tortilla.






After lunch we each ate a brownie.


After Peter left I went back to working with Rahim but soon had an eruption of diarrhea and had to lie down in the bed to finish Rahim’s project, which we did by 3:30. I also prepared an agreement and filed a witness list in another case, as well as a pleading in my probate litigation case.  Since leaving the hospital I have been busy.


I had not gotten any Valentine’s Day gift for Suzette, but Rahim brought me a lovely cookie wrapped in cellophane and I received four drink coupons from Southwest Airlines in the mail, which I put on Suzette’s desk as gifts.


Then, after I finished working at around 5:30 Suzette arrived with another big surprise, two full Valentine’s Day Surf and Turf dinners from the Greenhouse Bistro.  The dinner was priced at $45.00 for an Oyster Rockefeller appetizer, an entree of a 1 inch thick slab of grilled tenderloin with a Grilled Atlantic lobster tail and two butter tossed boiled fingerling potatoes, five or six stalks of oven roasted asparagus, and a slice of chocolate cheese cake drizzled with Melba sauce for dessert  The steak was served with a coffee/chocolate sauce that was interesting because its flavor included both bitter and sweet.


I was not hungry after my blow out experience from the salad I ate for lunch so Suzette put the dinners in a warm oven and we agreed to eat at 6:30.


Suzette then fetched a bottle of Gruet Rose Sauvage from the garage and we began drinking Sauvage and watching the news.  Miraculously my stomach and appetite began to recover and by 6:30 I was ready for dinner.


Dinner was wonderful.  The steak was warm and had retained its medium rare texture.  We drizzled the coffee/chocolate sauce over it.  The lobster tail purchased at Costco was even better, grilled to the perfection of tenderness.  Suzette heated some butter so we could dip the warm lobster in butter.  It was divine.  The fingerling potatoes were also wonderful and reminded me of boiled pomme de Terre tossed in butter I had eaten in France and Sweden and the asparagus were tender and

flavorful.


Each dinner also came with an Oyster Rockefeller. Suzette ate mine and hers and declared them excellent.


This was the best and most adventurous meal I have eaten prepared by the Bistro. It demonstrates that the current staff have the ability to source and prepare wonderful meals.


After we finished the meal we rested and watched Finding your Roots and We shared a slice of the chocolate cheese cake she had made for the Bistro for this meal with a sip  of cognac.  Again, the cheese cake dessert with the drizzle of Melba sauce and its dark sweet, crunchy graham cracker crust exceeded expectations.  Suzette has developed her cheese cake making skills to an art form.


We were both tired and were in bed by 9:00 again.


We slept lightly and I got up from 12:30 to 3:00 to pay this month’s Credit card balance and review some of my mail.


I then slept until 6:15 when I blogged this entry.


Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment