Friday, February 24, 2023

February 24, 2023 Lunch - Leftover Beef Enchiladas and beans. Dinner with the Chews from East Ocean and Filipino Chicken with Cauliflower

February 24, 2023 Lunch - Leftover Beef Enchiladas and beans. Dinner with the Chews from East Ocean and Filipino Chicken with Cauliflower 


I ate granola with milk and blueberries and yogurt for breakfast.


Then I worked at my desk until 12:45 when I added chopped onion and a spoonful of sour cream and heated the Beef Enchiladas and beans left from yesterday’s lunch at Placitas Cafe.


I watched Fulham tie the Wolverines 1 to 1 in PL play.  I relaxed and met with Ken and then Karim who both are blessed because they both brought checks. 


I have been using the cane to walk most of the day and feeling better.


Wayne and Elaine arrived at 6:00 bearing food from East Ocean; 1/2 Roast Duck, srir-fried Chinese Broccoli, and a beef and noodle dish, plus a homemade platter of Filipino stewed and baked chicken, sautéed cauliflower and rice flavored with cloves.







I took some of each dish and enjoyed each, but I found myself having trouble clearing the plate.  I think my appetite is not fully recovered.


I was especially pleased with the Chinese broccoli that was still crisp and not overcooked.


And there are lots of leftovers for future meals.


After Wayne and Elaine left at 7:15 we watched the news until Suzette went to bed at 9:00.


I stayed up to write this blog entry and read.


It was lovely sharing a meal with Wayne and Elaine and I was encouraged by their kind words that I looked great, etc.


Later I ate two scoops of spumoni ice cream.


Bon Apperit

No comments:

Post a Comment