Friday, February 17, 2023

February 16, 2023 Lunch - Menudo at Garcia’s. Dinner - Hamburger steak with Asparagus and Country fried Potato fingers.

February 16, 2023 Lunch - Menudo at Garcia’s. Dinner - Hamburger steak with Asparagus and Country fried Potato fingers.


I started the day trying to get my Microsoft and AOL turned on and then at 10:30 I ate a bowl of granola, with blueberries, milk, and Greek yogurt.


Then at 12:00 Peter arrived to take me to lunch and my doctor’s appointment at 2:00.


I asked Peter where he wanted to eat and he said, “Garcia’s.”


That seemed fine to me since I had been craving Mexican food and it is just around the corner.


Peter soon explained that he has gained a new passion for menudo and Posole.  When he ordered his bowl of menudo and Posole, so did I since it is a favorite of mine and I think aligns perfectly with my diet of 70% carbs and 30% protein.


We both loved our lunch and I can tell that this mutual love of Posole could be the basis for deepening our friendship.


After lunch a 1:15 we drove to the Pres clinic at 8800 Montgomery.  I checked in at 1:45 and was almost immediately taken back to the examination room.


I had a brief interview with a medical student who did a summary of the issues and then a wonderful meeting with my primary doctor, who immediately responded to my concerns about a sinus infection by prescribing an antibiotic.


She said I was doing well, which buoyed my spirits.


Peter then drove me home in his luxurious Mercedes sedan, arriving home at 3:30.


I lay down for a nap until 5:00 when Matt came by for my signature on a legal opinion and we talked for a while, since I was interested to know how he became a part owner in Biddle Farms Winery in San Luis Obispo.


After Matt left I called HP and became involved in a multi-hour tech support session to reinstall my HP drivers and support services.


During this period Suzette came home with my meds and started cooking dinner.


Dinner was fabulous, a sautéed hamburger topped with fried onions and a slice of Racalette cheese plus steamed baby asparagus, slices of avocado, and country fried baked potato wedges. We doused the hamburger and potato wedges into catsup and drank glasses of Flor di Vino Chianti Classico Riserva, which is now our favorite everyday drinking Chianti ($6.99 at Trader Joe’s).




Suzette muted the phone but left it on speaker so we could hear requests from the HP technician for prompt assistance but the HP technician could not hear our conversation.


After the meal and completion of the installation of the HP drivers we moved to the new chairs in front of the TV and watched Midsomer Mystery. Suzette heated the last piece brownie, which we shared.


When it ended at 9:30 we went to bed, although I fell asleep before the show ended.


Thankfully I started my cycle of antibiotics and began to feel some relief from the med.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment