Sunday, December 19, 2021

December 18, 2021 Brunch - Lax and Bagel Snack - Sushi - Dinner - Squash Soup

December 18, 2021 Brunch - Lax and Bagel  Snack - Sushi - Dinner - Squash Soup


The big event of the day was food shopping at 10:00.  I bought, egg nog, sour cream, carrots, celery, coffee, everything bagels, mint tea, and a 20 lb. slab of rib steaks.


I foolishly failed to eat breakfast and by the time I returned home at 11:30 my muscles were beginning to weaken, so I toasted a bagel and smeared it with cream cheese and lay slices of red onion and Gravad lax on the two halves of the profusely seeded Thomas everything bagel.



Then I lay down to rest and recover some energy.


At 2:30 I ate the leftover sushi from yesterday and a couple of cookies and in about an hour began to feel better.




Suzette came home at 3:00 with Christmas cookies and ate the leftover Cassoulet as I finished the sushi.


I lay down again to rest and napped until 5:00.


We walked to the country club and back and enjoyed the full moon and Christmas lights along Park Ave.


When we returned home Suzette cooked the rest of the squash Wayne and Elaine gave us that Suzette had baked several days ago with the vegetable broth I made yesterday and the creamed it with an emulsion mixer.




It was creamy and delicious but what made it memorable were the croutons she made from the the golden browned butter crust sandwich loaf slices flavored with wild mushroom salt and Herbs de Provence.  




The soup was delicious because it was the creamy, yet had no cream in it.




We drank the rest of the bottle of Verdejo wine Trader Joe’s $5.49 with the soup and after dinner with several of the lovely Christmas cookies Jean sent us and the baker at the center made as we watched Father Brown and then Death in Paradise.




Suzette went to sleep at 10:00 and I stayed up to watch the biathlon pursuit World Championship from France as a prep for the Peking Winter Olympics.  A Frenchman won on his home course. 


Then I read about the collapse of the Comanche Empire and then went to sleep.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment