Monday, December 27, 2021

December 27, 2021 Lunch - Posole and a Tamale. Dinner - Curry Leaf

December 27, 2021 Lunch - Posole and a Tamale. Dinner - Curry Leaf

I awakened at 7:30 as the market was opening.  It started moving upward immediately.


At 9:30 I ate a bowl of granola with milk and blueberries and yogurt for breakfast.


At 10:30 I met with Pat for a couple of hours to discuss three legal matters.


I then heated a bowl of Posole and a tamale for lunch and watched the market close with the Dow up over 350 points. 




It may be the beginning of a Santa Claus rally and I had sold a portion of my two winners, Apple that rose $4.00 and Nvidia that rose $13.00.  So instead of a 1.67% gain, I my portfolio gained only .8335%.


I am a little over 20% for the year instead of nearing 25%.  It is painful to not get maximum gains, but I console myself that the market could turn downward at any moment, if for example a vaccine resistant variant of Covid develops or war breaks out in Ukraine.


After lunch I rested for a while until I received a call from Suzette asking me to come pick her up because she had had her eyes dilated and could not see properly to drive at 4:30.


I called Willy, who luckily was free and agreed to pick me up and drive us to Suzette at Osuna and I-25.  As we drove to fetch Suzette I suggested that we order take out for dinner.  Willy suggested Curry Leaf Indian Restaurant.  When we arrived, Suzette agreed to eat Indian Cuisine.  Willy and Suzette wanted Chicken Tikka Masala and I wanted lamb Saag.  Willy agreed to pick up the order and bring it to our house while I drove Suzette home in her Highlander.  The traffic was intense and I almost had a wreck when the cars in front of me on the freeway came to a sudden stop.


After we arrived home I made a chai and Suzette had a scotch.


When Willy arrived he had also ordered an extra Chicken Tikka Masala, two vegetable Samosas, Nann, tamarind chutney, and mint chutney for a total of $70.00. It was more than I wanted to eat or spend, but it was a perfect dinner for an evening that we could not cook and created enough leftovers for a meal for a Willy to take home and enough lamb saag for a meal for me. 


I thought the spices were bright.  I loved the Lamb Saag but I needed a chunk of Major Grey’s chutney to balance the spiciness of the Tikka Masala.


                            Turmeric rice, Chicken Tikka Masala, lamb Saag, and nann


I drank chai, Willy drank water, and Suzette drank the last of the Cotes Du Rhone red.


I was stuffed after three large meals, but by 8:15 I recovered a bit and made 40 chocolate chip cookies with raisins, and toasted pecans.



I read the rest of an interesting New Yorker book review on a recent book tracing the history of the discovery of the Rosetta Stone in 1799 and the deciphering of Egyptian Hieroglyphics from 1814 to 1831 that initiated the beginning of Egyptology, the study of the 3000 year history of Egypt.


I drank another chai, took my pills, and went to bed to draw this blog.


I enjoyed the day and its mix of work, positive market activity, and a family meal of delicious Indian Cuisine.  The Indian food was almost as good as that that we ate in Vancouver, which is where I suspect he developed his taste for good Indian food.


Bon Appetit 






No comments:

Post a Comment