Wednesday, December 8, 2021

December 8, 2021 Lunch - Hotdog at Costco Dinner - PPI Boeuf Bourguignon and Mashed Potatoes and Celery Root, sautéed Cipolini onions and steamed asparagus

December 8, 2021 Lunch - Hotdog at Costco  Dinner - PPI Boeuf Bourguignon and Mashed Potatoes and Celery Root, sautéed Cipolini onions and steamed asparagus 

I slept 8:00 and was slow in getting out of bed but was ready by 10:00 when Suzette and I left to drive to Eurozone. I had never been to Eurozone and loved it at first sight.  It carries a wide selection of European food stuffs many of which are not available anywhere else in Albuquerque.


I resisted the urge to buy lots of stuff but bought a box of 100 teabags of Earl Grey tea for Willy for Christmas and Suzette found the white beans she needed to make cassoulet.  We also bought a stick of Fermin Spanish chorizo made with Iberico pork and a container with six fresh cipolini onions.


We then drove to Costco, where we first ate hotdogs for lunch and then shopped for a few items we needed, including Baguettes, vanilla beans, and a case of Dos Equis beer.




We arrived home at 1:00 as the Market began to move upward.  I was amazed that the day after the NASDAQ moved up about 400 points that the NASDAQ moved up another 100 points today.  My portfolio rose over .8% to within a hair’s breath of its all time high it reached last week before it tumbled.  Based on the last three day’s activity,  I have a feeling that the Market will hold it current levels because it has rallied in spite of the Omnicron threat and the Vix (volatility index) is going down


I had weakened because I had not eaten breakfast, so I made ham sandwiches with the two small ends of baguette that would not fit in a gallon freezer bag, prosciutto, and tarragon mustard when I returned home.


I worked through the afternoon and made teriyaki sauce at 4:00 and marinated the salmon fillet I bought yesterday at Smith’s and then made a gin and tonic at 4:30. Suzette joined me as we watched Ari Melber’s news program.


We decided to eat the PPI Boeuf Bourguignon and Mashed Potatoes with steamed asparagus and sautéed cipolini onions .


We had two open bottles of red wine; the 2020 Kirtland Argentinian Malbec and the 2016 Corte Italian Barolo that each held about 1 glass of wine, so I poured Suzette the Malbec and myself the Barolo.


At around 6:30 Suzette heated the PPI Boeuf Bourguignon and Mashed Potatoes, steamed the asparagus and sautéed the cipolini onions.


She then arranged the four ingredients in pasta bowls in an attractive mound.





We enjoyed arguably the best meal of Boeuf Bourguignon because of the addition of the fresh sautéed cipolini onions that added a delicious fresh oniony dimension to the dish, especially since the original dish utilized frozen pearl onions.


After dinner I ate a coffee ice cream with chocolate syrup, maraschino cherries, rum, Kahlua, and whipped cream sundae and went to bed at 8:00 to blog, talk on the phone to Willy and BIlly and read.


Bon Appetit 






No comments:

Post a Comment