Sunday, December 26, 2021

December 26, 2021 Boxing Day in England. Breakfast - Crab Scrambled Eggs. Afternoon Snack - Posole with a tamale. Dinner Snack - Taramasalata on pita chips. 


I awakened at 7:30 and watched the news until soccer commenced at 8:00, as did GPS,  I watched much of GPS but also the Chelsea v. Aston Villa match while I picked the meat from the rest of the crab legs.  When Suzette wakened round 9:00 I sliced two green onions into thin slices and broke three eggs into a bowl, which Suzette whisked  and seasoned with salt and combined into Scrambled eggs with crab and green onion.  This was the best meal of the day by far, perhaps the best meal of the week.  The eggs were filled with crab meat and a sprinkle of green onion.  Very simple and very delicious.  The crab meat still permeated with the salty brine of the ocean.  Just wonderful.



I switched back and forth between soccer and news and then football until 2:30 when Willy came to recycle the luminarias.  I helped him and it went amazingly quickly, mainly because Willy is a professional.


Jody and Loyda brought a bag of sweet tamales and a bag of pork tamales around 10:30, as they usually do.  


After we finished we heated our luminaria recycling effort. Willy left for a party and Suzette and I ate Posole.  I tried one of the sweet tamales and I did not like it with the Posole so I reheated the bowl of Posole with a pork tamale with a dab of sour cream and some avocado cubes and it was delicious.




I rested until 3:45 when we went for a walk in the Bosque to the two lakes.  We saw Canadian geese, mallards, green teal and a canvasback duck.


Here is a picture of the beaver lodge.



When we returned home I drank a hot buttered rum toddy.  


At 6:00 we watched an interesting segment on 60 Minutes about how global warming is affecting the wine business in France and England.


Then we started switching from Home Town and the Cowboys v. Washington, which soon became a blow out with a score by the half of 42 to 7 in favor of the Cowboys.  We watched the game until it ended a bit after 9:00 when the final score was 56 to 14.


During the game I opened the bag of pita chips and ate some spread with with taramasalata and drank Jermann Pinot Grigio white wine.  Suzette joined me but spread Boursin cheese on pita chips and drank a couple of glasses of Cotes Du Rhone red.


I guess the Cowboys are peaking just in time for the playoffs.


We went to bed after the Cowboy game ended at 9:30.


Bon Appetit







 O

No comments:

Post a Comment