Saturday, December 11, 2021

December 11, 2021 Brunch - Blueberry Pancakes Snack - Tamale and Posole. Dinner - Trout, Spinach, and Cheese Soufflé with Mushroom Sauce

December 11, 2021 Brunch - Blueberry Pancakes  Snack - Tamale and Posole. Dinner - Trout, Spinach, and Cheese Soufflé with Mushroom Sauce 

I woke up at 2:30 and wrote a Christmas letter to my cousin AndI Moses in Delaware.  Then I went back to sleep.  When I awakened again it was 8:00. I drank a cup of hot chocolate with a dash of rum and watched PLLeague soccer until 11:00 when Suzette made buckwheat blueberry pancakes for brunch.  We drizzled maple syrup over them.  Delicious.




I then picked up my cleaning and visited a client about a case.


When I returned home at 2:00 I heated a tamale with some posole and drank the last half of a Stella Artois beer.




I lay down until 4:30 when we walked. 2/3 mile.


When we returned we discussed dinner. We did not want to tackle Cassoulet.  We needed to eat the PPI trout. Finally we settled on mother’s recipe for mile high Cheese soufflé and decided to add the trout and spinach.






It took a bit of effort but time flys when you are creating a new dish.


We adjusted the mushroom sauce to eliminate the cream sauce component.  I sliced 1 1/2 cups of mushrooms and 3/4 cup of shallot and sautéed those ingredients in 3 T. of butter and 1 T. of olive oil and added a pinch of salt and a pinch of thyme.  When the mushrooms softened I added 3 T. Of Amontillado sherry and lowered the heat to its lowest setting to preserve as much sherry as possible.  The result was a lovely buttery light sauce full of sherry flavor that complemented the rich soufflé.


Suzette cooked it in the steamer oven and it was a bit undercooked initially, but after we let it stay in the oven for another Fifteen minutes it was solid and well done. 






We opened a bottle of Pinot Blanc that was excellent with the soufflé.


I am reading Comanche Empire, so must get back to it.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment