Wednesday, December 15, 2021

December 15, 2021 Brunch - Sausage and Eggs. Snack - herring sandwich and peanut butter and honey sandwich. Dinner - Cassoulet and Steamed Broccoli

December 15, 2021  Brunch - Sausage and Eggs. Snack - herring sandwich and peanut butter and honey sandwich. Dinner - Cassoulet and Steamed Broccoli


I woke up at 7:00 as Suzette was leaving.  I watched the news and noted that my order to buy Square at $169.33 filled and that it had dropped another 4 points.  I talked to Willy and he said that everyone was waiting for Powell to speak and his speech might trigger a rally.  I did not believe that but that was exactly what happened. After Powell spoke both the Dow and the NASDAQ rallied over 300 points, which meant that my portfolio bounced back from a loss to a handsome 2.7% gain.   Was thrilled.  


I worked a bit and then ate two sandwiches, one of creamed herring and the other of peanut butter and honey. Both were on toasted slices of whole wheat sandwich bread.


I then went to the Post Office, the bank, and finally to Albertsons on Coors. I had checked the specials before I went, so I bought 1 large eggs for $1.97, a spiral cut ham for $1.47/lb., a fresh Atlantic farm raised salmon filet for $7.99/lb., and a rack of lamb for $15.88/lb.  I then went to the produce section and bought a beautiful bunch of Italian parsley for $.79 and three bunches of green onions for $1.00.  Finally, I went to the ice cream section and bought a 1/2 gallon of Blue Bell Pistachio Almond ice cream.  It turned out that the gentleman standing next to me worked for Blue Bell because he gave me a $1.00 off coupon.  I thanked him for his Christmas kindness and counted the 1/2 gallon of Blue Bell ice cream for $2.97 a Christmas Miracle.


I made it home around 5:30 and Suzette helped unload the car.


After I put all the groceries.  I asked Suzette what I could do to assist her to prep the cassoulet. She added the parsley, to the bead crumbs.




I opened the big can of White northern beans chopped parsley to mix into the bread crumbs, Suzette had made by grinding white bread until f then she added butter and the chopped parsley and sautéed those ingredients until I turned a golden brown.  Suzette then poured the beans over the duck meat and sausage, a diced tomato, some tomato paste, several peeled and diced carrots, an onion and some celery.  Suzette added the bread crumbs to the cassoulet and baked the cassoulet for 1/2 hour in the oven until the bread crumb topping turned golden brown.





I then deflowered a head of broccoli and Suzette then steamed the flowerets of broccoli.




I then fetched a bottle of Trapiche Argentinian Malbec, $6.99 at Trader Joe’s.




Willy arrived at 6:30 and we ate shortly after he arrived.  The cassoulet was cake like and a tad on the dry side for my taste, but i loved its flavor.  Suzette said it could use a bit more liquid. We talked stocks and I gave Willy his Christmas gift of $2,000.00 after dinner.


We watched the news after Willy left until 8:00 and I ate a bowl of pistachio and almond ice cream.


At 8:00 I lay down and went to sleep until 9:45, when I finished this blog entry and went back to bed.


Bon Appetit 


No comments:

Post a Comment