Sunday, December 5, 2021

December 5, 2021 Brunch - Trout and cheese Omelette snack - Pot Stickers. Dinner - PPI Roasted duck , Rice, and Mixed vegetables with deep fried tofu

December 5, 2021 Brunch - Trout and cheese Omelette  snack - Pot Stickers. Dinner - PPI Roasted duck , Rice, and Mixed vegetables with deep fried tofu 

After yesterday’s dinner prep, we did practically no cooking today.


I ate two toasted slices of French baguette garnished with orange marmalade and slices of Jarlsberg cheese melted in the microwave with a cup of hot sweet lime juice and water with a tsp. of honey at 8:00.


Then at 10:30 Suzette cooked a Trout and Gouda cheese Omelette with red onion and capers. Nothing seemed to alter the blandness of the trout but we wanted a simple low fat meal.



Then I watched Leicester lose to Crystal Palace and switch 10th place in the PL standings.


Then we drove to the museum and viewed the Makintosh exhibition.


When we returned home a bit after 2:00, I fetched the new bag of pot stickers we bought on Friday evening at Costco and sautéed a dozen f them in two T. of vegetable oil until they browned.  I combined 1 tsp. of garlic/chili sauce, about 1/4 cup of soy and 1 minced green onion to make a quick dipping sauce. 



 

Suzette worked in her office I watched football and rested until about 3:30, when Suzette drove to Costco to shop and I sliced and butchered an 8 lb. boneless pork loin into chops and the three lb. log of Jimmie Dean sausage into thirds that I wrapped in Saran and put in the freezer in the garage.


Suzette returned at 5:00 and we watched TV for a while and then Suzette heated the roasted duck, rice, and stir fried Fried Tofu and Mixed Vegetables left from our lunch at East Ocean on Wednesday and I made jasmine tea and we enjoyed a pleasant dinner.




Suzette ate a bowl of vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup and several of her home made maraschino cherries for dessert and I drank another cup of jasmine tea.


We went to bed at 8:00 because Suzette had a back ache and I blogged and read.


I ate four small meals today and had two cat naps, so I feel rested.



Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment