Friday, December 17, 2021

December 17, 2021 Lunch - Sushi. Dinner - PPI Cassoulet with Sautéed Asparagus and Mushrooms

December 17, 2021 Lunch - Sushi. Dinner - PPI Cassoulet with Sautéed Asparagus and MushroomsL

I read and watched the news from 4:00 until after 6:45 and then went back to bed and slept until 7:30.


The NASDAQ gyrated all day between gain and loss and unfortunately it ended in a slight loss.  The Dow never reached positive and ended down over 400 points. My portfolio fortunately suffered only a minor loss thanks in large measure to a $12.00 gain by Moderna, possibly due to an announcement that the Pfizer drug is not as effective against the Omicron variant.


The most fun I had was during recording a corporate transaction for sale of stock I discovered that the stock had never been paid for and the company did not have to issue the stock at an exceptionally low price.  I heard joy from the mouth of my client, which was very gratifying.


I drank a cup of hot chocolate at 4:30. Then at 10:30 I ate a bowl of granola with milk and blueberries and yogurt.


That held me until 12:30 when I made a cup of sushi rice by adding Aji Mirin, sugar, and rice vinegar to the two cups of water, 1 cup of jasmine rice, and 1/3 tsp. of dehydrated dashi.


By 1:30 I had filled bowls with seaweed salad, soy and wasabi for dipping, pickled ginger to flavor the fish, and a plate filled with slices of salmon, tuna,band scallops, pickled leeks and two radishes sliced and a cup of green tea brewed.



I enjoyed a fresh sushi lunch and watched the Market limp toward a close.


After lunch I checked my portfolio and found I had suffered a minimal .038% loss.


Let’s hope this is the bottom and turn toward a Santa Claus rally.  I suspect Covid has killed the rally.


I worked until 5:00 when Suzette arrived. I made a vegetable broth with 2 quarts of water, four sliced mushrooms, the tough stalks of asparagus, some parsley, a stalk of celery, and 1/4 onion sliced.  I also brought in the casserole of PPI cassoulet and then read Comanche Empire until 6:00.


Suzette wanted to eat early so I diced 12 asparagus into 1 inch lengths and sliced four more mushrooms and 1/4 of a medium shallot.  Suzette added about 1/2 cup of vegetable broth to the cassoulet to moisten it and heated It in a Pyrex loaf pan covered with Saran in the microwave, while I sautéed the asparagus, mushrooms, shallot and some leftover broccoli in a skillet in 3 T. of heated butter and 1 T. of olive oil and then covered with the wok cover to sweat and steam.


I opened a bottle of 2018 Signargues Cote Du Rhone red wine,



one of my favorite bottles of Cote du Rhone $15.00 at Total Wine before the discount.




We enjoyed the slightly wet cassoulet better, especially with the sautéed mushrooms and asparagus.








After dinner I drank a cup of tea and ate a bowl of pistachio almond ice cream.





It was a good day of food and work.


Bon Appetit 

No comments:

Post a Comment