Monday, December 6, 2021

December 6, 2021 Lunch - Miso Noodle Soup. Dinner - PPI Boeuf Bourguignon with Mashed Celery Root\potatoes and fresh spinach

December 6, 2021 Lunch - Miso Noodle Soup. Dinner - PPI Boeuf Bourguignon with Mashed Celery Root\potatoes and fresh spinach


I awakened at 7:30 to a dismal start of trading in the market. By the end of the trading day the market had gone strongly positive but I had a small gain because I own two of today’s worse performing stocks, Nvidia and Moderna.  I checked emails and ate a breakfast of granola with milk and blueberries and yogurt. At 10:30 I drove to yoga with Avery.  We worked on my two weak spots, hips and shoulders for an hour.


Then I drove home and made a Miso Noodle Soup with wheat, bean thread, and rice vermicelli noodles, in a pot of water flavored with chicken stock and red miso plus Pork loin slices and Meatballs sliced into thin slices, two mushrooms sliced thinly and a minced shallot and some pieces of Yu Choy.  It tasted good but I must have eaten too fast because I later had a bout of diarrhea. I have a hyper-sensitive gut.



Suzette came home around 4:30 and we fixed drinks and watched the news until 6:30 when Suzette started heating the PPI Boeuf Bourguignon and Mashed Potatoes and celery root we made for Saturday night’s dinner.


We rinsed and de-stemmed 1/2 bunch of spinach.  When the food was re-heated Suzette lay a small handful of fresh spinach in the bottom of each pasta bowl and then ladled mashed potatoes and stew on top of it.




Willy arrived for dinner a bit after 7:00 and in his honor I opened a bottle of 2020 Kirkland Malbec from Mendoza, Argentina and toasted and buttered several slices of French Baguette to use to sop up the remaining sauce.


It was a great meal of leftovers.


After dinner Willy left and Suzette sipped a cognac and I sipped a small glass of Calvados four Godiva chocolates while we watched the Patriots beat the Bills.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment