Wednesday, December 29, 2021

December 29, 2021 Lunch - Posole, tamale, and egg Dinner - Baked Spiral ham, Steamed Broccoli, and Baked Sweet Potato

December 29, 2021 Lunch - Posole, tamale, and egg  Dinner - Baked Spiral ham, Steamed Broccoli, and Baked Sweet Potato


Today was a lazy day.  I got up at 8:15. The market was generally down a little. My portfolio ended down .2%. 


I worked on Titan corporate documents during the morning but took a break at 10:30 too toast three small slices of French baguette that I spread with butter and blackberry jelly and garnished with slices of Jarlsberg cheese. I drank a cup of Earl Grey to complete the Scandinavian breakfast model.


I received my check for the title work I did in November this morning.


There were two PL Soccer matches today. At 1:00 I watched Man City v.  Brentford until Man City scored in the first 20 minutes.  I then switched to the Brighton v. Chelsea match, which was much more dynamic and competitive.  In fact, Brighton tied the score 1 to 1 in the 90th minute to salvage a point.


Suzette had eaten a fried egg on a tamale for brunch.  At 1:30 I heated a 1/2 bowl of Posole with a tamale and a dab of red chili l when the  Posole and tamale were hot I added a fried egg to the top and some minced red onion. Both Suzette and I drank Stella Artois beers with our meal.  I really enjoyed this over the top dish that combined Posole, a tamale, red chili minced onion, and a fried egg.




We then drove to each of our banks to make deposits and then to El Super to shop for fruits and vegetables.  We bought acorn squashes, green nopales tortillas, ginger,  and papayas for the Center and lemons, limes, sweet limes, onions, a papaya, a pineapple, oranges, zucchini, ears of corn, smoked pork chops, cilantro, sweet potatoes, avocados, and tomatoes for the house.


When we returned home we watched the last portion of Ari Melber, which is becoming my favorite news program.  Today he interviewed Sharon Stone.  


We decided to bake the spiral cut ham I had bought at Smith’s several weeks ago with sweet potatoes and steam some broccoli. The most interesting thing about the meal was that Suzette placed the pitcher of congealed Hollandaise in the steamer with the broccoli and it liquified but did not curdle.  The egg, Lemon juice (acid), and butter bond must be stronger than I thought.


I lay down and Suzette cooked dinner.  She coated the ham with a prickly pear jelly glaze but forgot to cover the ham and the outer layer on which the glaze was spread burned.  The inner part of the ham near the bone was barely warm but very tender and tasty.  We are going to use some of the ham and the bone to cook beans, so a bit of char may be acceptable.


Also, it was a 10 lb. Ham, so even with some waste, there is still lots of ham.  Much of the crispy darkened edges tasted just like crisp bacon, so there was not as much loss as it initially appeared.




I opened a bottle of Gruet rose of Pinot noir and added cubes of ice to it. I liked it with the ham. Finally, a good bottle of Gruet rose.


After dinner I read some year end book and music recommendations by New Yorker and requested one of the recommended books from the library.  Volume 4 of the 6 book series titled My Struggle by the Norwegian writer, Ove Knausgaard.


Then at 8:00 I lay down and blogged this entry and read an article in a recent  New Yorker about communicating with people in vegetative states.


A quiet day with good food and lots of PL football is always a good day.


Bon Appetit 



No comments:

Post a Comment