Friday, December 10, 2021

December 10, 2021 Lunch - PPI Chili Relleno and beans and Avocado Soup and Seaweed Salad. Dinner - Roasted Duck Confit with Sautéed Potatoes, Sweet Potatoes and Squash and Steamed Asparagus

December 10, 2021 Lunch - PPI Chili Relleno and beans and Avocado Soup and Seaweed Salad. Dinner - Roasted Duck Confit with Sautéed Potatoes, Sweet Potatoes and Squash and Steamed Asparagus


I awakened at 8:00 and saw that it was going to be a rough day in the market because Moderna was down $20.00, Square was down and even Nvidia was down.  But toward the end of the day Apple strengthened to a $5.00 gain and selling pressure on the first 3 named stocks weakened.


My portfolio made a remarkable comeback to register a .47% gain.  Hopefully yesterday was the bottom of the trough and Monday will bring more gains.


Jody picked up the Prius and I gave him the box of Pannatone I bought at Smiths as his Christmas gift.


Then I sliced  and toasted a thin slice of bagel into one decent slice and two half moon shaped thin wedges.  I spread taramasalata on the thin wedges and cream cheese, red onion and tomato slices and Gravad lax on the whole bagel slice.  I made a cup of chai with a cup of fresh Sweet lime juice and honey with hot water for a great light breakfast.





I worked until 12:30 and then fetched the leftover chili Relleno and beans from my lunch with Mike at Padilla’s the other day and the avocado soup and corn chips and put a small pile of seaweed salad in a small bowl for a hearty lunch.  I dipped corn chips into the avocado soup and ate them with bites of chili Relleno and treated the seaweed like a vegetable and washed it down with a beer.



We lost cable service so I read for a bit and drove to the cleaners and a client and back home. 


Suzette came home around 3:30.


At 3:40 Joe and Bryan came to remove the sediment accumulated in the boiler and galvanized pipes of our radiant heat system, after which the house heated up quickly.


Then at 4:30 Jody brought the Prius back after replacing a part.


After I paid Jody I watched the last few minutes of Ari Melber’s news show and then finally at 5:00 lay down to read and nap until 6:30 when Suzette awakened me to tell me dinner was almost ready.


Suzette had roasted the two duck confit halves we bought in the new package at Costco. She had also baked russet potatoes, sweet potatoes, and the big blue blue pumpkin Elaine Chew gave us.  Then Suzette diced and sautéed one or two of the potatoes and sweet potatoes and diced wedge of squash and steamed the rest of the bunch of asparagus and opened a bottle of 2012 Chateau de Buisson from Bordeaux that I bought in 2013 at Trader Joe’s for $6.99.




When I arrived in the kitchen I sliced the roasted duck and discovered that the package contain not one, but two duck halves.  I sliced the two breasts and one of the thighs, leaving two legs and wings and a thigh for cassoulet.


It was a lovely dinner.  The sautéed potatoes and pumpkin was really delicious.







After dinner I toasted four rounds of baguette and sliced slices of mimolet and the soft blue cheese I bought at Smiths last Tuesday plus I spread goat cheese on one round.and nibbled cheese with the last sips of wine.


After dinner I ate a few chocolates with a cup of chai and then some Toblerone with a sip of Calvados at 8:30.


I retired to bed and drifted off to sleep while reading in bed, but got up at 10:00 when Suzette came to bed and got ready for bed and then blogged this entry.


We love the new duck confit from Costco and hope they stock it year round.


Bon Appetit 


No comments:

Post a Comment