Tuesday, December 21, 2021

December 21, 2021 Lunch - Padilla’s Family Restaurant Chili Relleno Plate. Dinner - Cream of Squash Soup and a melted cheese sandwich

December 21, 2021 Lunch - Padilla’s Family Restaurant Chili Relleno Plate. Dinner - Cream of Squash Soup and a melted cheese sandwich 


I had a conference call with a client at 10:00 and then watched the President’s speech about Covid.


I then toasted three small slices of French Baguette that I then buttered, spread butter on and then lay slices of Jarlsberg cheese on at noon.


Then after the market closed I checked my portfolio and found that it did rather well even without the AAPL and Nvidia shares I sold yesterday.


The strategy I finally adopted was to sell 1/2 of my NVIDIA shares and 4/5 of my Apple share, which will provide me sufficient cash to buy back my positions if the market drops without sacrificing most of my positions if the market rises. Today was a good illustration of the strategy in real time.


The Dow went up over 300 points and my portfolio rose  1.77%.  If I had not sold it would have gone up an additional .88% or approximately 50% more.


I am comfortable with the reduced performance in exchange for the increased cash position to guard against a melt down.


Even with the relatively poorer performance today my gain for the year stands at 19.8%, which I will willingly accept.


At 2:30 I ordered a chili Relleno plate with double beans with green chili for take out from Padilla’s and drove to pick it up.


On my way home I stopped at Lowe’s and bought two large avocados on special for $.57/each and three small avocados for $.59/each.


When I returned home Suzette had arrived with a beautiful tray of Christmas cookies.




We shared the Chili Relleno plate, which Suzette said went well with the tamale and Posole she had eaten at the Center for lunch.





I drank a beer with the chili Relleno.  Then around 4:00 we sliced the 20 Lb. side of rib steaks into thick and thin steaks as I cut along the side of each rib and Suzette cut through the bone for one or two steaks.  The steaks varied in width from 2 1/2 inches thick to 1 inch thick depending on whether the steak included a rib or not.


After I finished wrapping the thirteen steaks I made an unsuccessful drive to the UHaul station to fill our propane tank because the attendant certified to pump propane leaves work at 4:00.


When I returned home Suzette re-heated the PPI Cream of a squash soup and made toasted cheese sandwiches with whole wheat sandwich bread, Jarlsberg cheese,  and sweet pickle relish for a light dinner with a glass of water.



I was tired because I had worked all day without a nap, so at 8:00 I lay down after talking to Billy and drafting my book review for Comanche Empire.


I watched Lawrence O’Donnell for a few minutes and then blogged this entry.


Rarely there are days when the food is not interesting. This was one of those days.


Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment