Sunday, October 31, 2021

October 29, 2021 Lunch - East Ocean Dinner - Pork Goulash

October 29, 2021 Lunch - East Ocean  Dinner - Pork Goulash 


I slept until 7:45 and then worked a bit and showered and dressed.  At 10:45 I talked to Aaron and we agreed to meet for a working lunch at East Ocean.


When I arrived at 11:20 Aaron was waiting for me and had ordered.  He did not tell me what he ordered so I was thrilled when platters of Fried Tofu band Mixed Vegetables arrived with a container of warm rice and was even more thrilled when a platter of Manila clams in a scallion and ginger sauce was delivered.





I had eaten East Ocean’s roast duck for the last two days, so was ready for something different.


I loved the scallion and ginger sauce on the clams because the ginger was cooked and soft enough to eat.


The Aaron ordered two egg rolls.  They were served with a small plate filled with a shallow puddle of sweet and sour sauce and a syrup dispenser of mustard.  Aaron chose mustard and I chose the sweet sauce.  It is amazing how we revert to our childhood preferences.  


I really liked the egg rolls because they were crisp on the outside and soft on the inside.  I had never before tasted egg rolls that the dough on the inside of the crisp shell was so soft that it melted in my mouth.







After lunch we prepared some court documents for the trial next Wednesday.  We said goodbye around 2:00: and I returned home by 2:30.


I checked the market and I was up a little, mainly because I computed my yesterday gain late in the day after Amazon and Apple reported weak forecasts and got hammered in the after market.  The market came back a bit today to end above yesterday’s after market sell off.


We decided to incorporate the three types of mushrooms we have into a sort of goulash with pork and serve it on the interestingly shaped egg noodles we bought recently at Talin.



I chopped and minced 1/3 of an onion, pressed two cloves of garlic, two large portobello mushrooms we bought at Costco and Lion’s Mane and blue oyster mushrooms we bought at the Robinson Park Farmers’ Market.


Suzette then sautéed the


No comments:

Post a Comment