Thursday, October 21, 2021

October 21, 2021 Lunch - 2000 Vietnam. Dinner - New Recipe, PPI Reconstructed Beef Stroganoff on PPI Baked Acorn Squash

October 21,  2021 Lunch - 2000 Vietnam. Dinner - New Recipe, PPI Reconstructed Beef Stroganoff on PPI Baked Acorn Squash

I ate Granola, milk, blueberries, and yogurt for breakfast.


I worked with Rahim on the Indian Bank Stock Offering and then drove to my podiatry appointment.


After the podiatry I called Peter and Etienne and met them at 2000 Vietnam for lunch.


Peter ordered shrimp curry with rice and Etienne and I ordered duck leg soup with wheat noodles in a pho broth.  I think duck leg soup will be my favorite Fall and Winter dish.  I loaded it with all the fresh cilantro, Oriental basil leaves, and mung bean sprouts piled on the small side plate.  I loved it.


We drank green tea with the meal.  Everyone cleaned their plate or bowl.  This was my first time to eat in.  I liked the new windows and purple curtains.  We had the table with the best view of the mountains, so it was a very pleasant lunch.


After lunch I drove home and worked until the market closed. Amazingly, it was another day with a gain for the year of 20.8% as the market marches past its prior all time highs.  The big winners today were Square because the rise in Bitcoin (Square bought 8,000 Bitcoin) and Moderna because its booster was approved by the FDA.


I drank a glass of Vietnamese coffee at 3:00 and at 4:00 I walked 2/3 mile at a steady pace and without pain.  The yoga seems to be bearing fruit.  My posture is 100% better.


When I returned home at 4:50 Suzette was home and was able to help me host the zen meditation group on Zoom at 5:00.


At 5:45 I went to the kitchen.


Suzette had an idea for a dish, combining two PPIs  into a new dish.  We usually are adding ingredients to one PPI.  We rarely create a new dish from two PPIs.


Tonight Suzette reconstructed the Beef stroganoff by adding vegetable stock and more sour cream and cooking the dish to soften the steak.  She then served the reconstructed beef Stroganoff over previously baked acorn squash instead of cooked noodles.  The resulting dish was more tender than the prior beef Stroganoff and the acorn squash added sweetness and an additional vegetable to the dish.


I liked the beef Stroganoff better served over Acorn squash.


Suzette fetched a bottle of chilled La Granja Viura/Verdejo blend from the garage fridge and we ate a very pleasant dinner.



After dinner I ate the last slice of fruitcake from last year with a couple of scoops of Mocha Almond fudge ice cream doused with rum.

.

Bon Appetit 











 


No comments:

Post a Comment