Monday, October 18, 2021

October 18, 2021 Lunch - PPI Stir fried Noodles with mixed vegetables and Chicken. Dinner - Beef Stroganoff 


This was a very noodly day.


I ate two slices of bagel smeared with cream cheese and garnished with slices of red onion, lax, and capers.


I used the three month old lax that was just barely still good.  As lax ages it continues to yield oils and liquids, so it loses its oily fatty flavor and turns mealy.


I probably will toss the last small,piece since we have two fresh cured fillets.


After breakfast I worked until 1:30 and heated the leftover PPI Stir fried Noodles with mixed vegetables and Chicken.  I loved this dish when I made several days ago and I loved it today just as much, perhaps better, because today I sprinkled Oyster sauce on the dish that gave it an added soy sauce flavor and saltiness.


At 2:30 I checked my portfolio and found that it had risen about 1%.  Actually, it was a mixed bag with the NASDAQ going up 124 points and the Dow losing 36 points.


So for the year my portfolio rose 24% and then three weeks ago fell by half of that gain to an annual gain of 12%.  Since then my portfolio has clawed back half of that loss to an annual gain of 18%.


I napped from 3:00 until 5:00 and then walked 1/2 mile to Kit Carson Park in the sunlight and back.


The TV changer In the TV room jammed on the Bloomberg channel today.  So I have been watching mostly business news today.  The TV in the bedroom is no affected by this new form of contagion.  


Dinner - When I returned at 5:30 I started dinner by fetching the main ingredients; mushrooms, steak, onion. When Suzette arrived she added several more ingredients; such as garlic, sugar snap peas, and red bell pepper.  


I chopped the ingredients plus a charbroiled rib steak.


Suzette helped cook the dish.  She started a pot of water boiling to re-hydrate a lb. of Casarecce macaroni., then as soon as I fetched the large iron skillet and she started sautéing the onions, red bell pepper.  Then Suzette added the mushrooms and then the steak cubed and finally the sugar snap peas.  Suzette added about 1/2 cup of white wine and about 1/3 cup of sour cream to the skillet to make a sauce.


When the Casarecce macaroni was rehydrated and cooked Suzette drained it and filled pasta bowls with pasta and ladled beef Stroganoff on top.





I poured out the last 1/3 bottle of 2014 Benton Lane Pinot Noir and Suzette set up the typing table in the bedroom where we were able to eat and watch the Antiques Roadshow. After we finished the pinot Suzette fetched the open bottle of Fortune Bay, a New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc, which was a very lovely wine with well balanced tannin and fruit.



We watched two episodes of the Antiques Roadshow.  Then Suzette went to sleep for an hour. 


I went into the kitchen and heated one of the two pastries made by the Bistro baker and added some Dreyer's Mocha Fudge Adventure ice cream at 9:00 and poured a mixture of cognac and grand Marnier and drank it with a cup of chai.


I then blogged this entry.


Bon Appetit 





No comments:

Post a Comment