Monday, October 25, 2021

October 25, 2021 Lunch - 2000 Vietnam, Duck Leg Soup. Dinner - Stir Fried Pork with Mixed Vegetables and rice

October 25, 2021 Lunch - 2000 Vietnam, Duck Leg Soup. Dinner - Stir Fried Pork with Mixed Vegetables and rice


I awakened at 8:00 and dressed and went to a 9:00 appointment until 10:00.


Then I changed clothes and went to my 11:00 Yoga session until noon.


I then drove to 2000 Vietnam and exorcised my passion for duck with another bowl of Duck Leg Soup with wheat vermicelli noodles.


I then went home and watched the market close.  It was a good day after a terrible day on Friday.  My portfolio regained about 47% of its Friday loss.


I was sore from Yoga so napped until 4:00.


Suzette came home around 5:00.


At 6:00 I got up and started cooking.  I made a cup of rice.


Then for about 45 minutes I chopped vegetables (ginger, garlic, Yu Choy, onion, two Italian sweet peppers, four mushrooms, and a carrot) and I cubed a piece of pork sirloin after cutting 8 pork steaks from a pork loin.


I then heated 2 T. of peanut oil in a wok until hot and then added the pork, garlic and ginger.  After a minute or two I added the chopped hard vegetables (the sweet peppers, onion, carrot, and Yu Choy stalks).


While the vegetables were cooking I made a seasoning sauce with sesame oil, soy sauce, Chinese rice wine, cornstarch, and water.


I cooked the hard vegetables for about ten minutes until they softened slightly and then added the soft ingredients (the green Yu Choy leaves, and sliced mushrooms.


I then covered the wok and let the vegetables steam for two or three minutes.  The I turned the ingredients several times to make sure all the vegetables were cooked and then added the seasoning sauce.  The sauce quickly thickened into a paste so I added another 1/2 cup of water to make the sauce creamy and flow and we were ready to eat.


I served a ladle of rice and covered it with a ladle of the stir-fry dish.



I let Willy pick the wine from the recent delivery of De Ponte wines and he picked a 2017 Reserve Pinot Noir.  It was an excellent choice.  It had both youthful fruit and acid with an elegant long finish so characteristic of De Ponte’s better wines.  Its retail price was $55.00 and less 25% discount for wine club membership, so an excellent bottle for $41.25.


After dinner Willy left and we watched the Antiques Roadshow until 9:00, when Suzette went to bed. I made a cup of chai and ate a few cookies and went to bed at 10:00 and blogged this blog.


Bon Appetit




No comments:

Post a Comment