Monday, October 11, 2021

October 11, 2021 Lunch - 2000 Vietnam No. 30. Dinner - Vinaigrette

October 11, 2021 Lunch - 2000 Vietnam No. 30. Dinner - Vinaigrette 


I awakened at 3:30 and worked on my Response for the Court of Appeals until 6:00 and then returned to bed and slept until 8:30.


I then ate a bowl of granola with milk and blueberries and yogurt and banana. 



 At 10:15 I drove to my yoga private lesson, which started at 10:45. When it was over I called 2000 Vietnam and ordered a No. 30 to go because I had a doctor’s appointment at 1:00 in the north east heights.  I arrived at the doctor’s office at around 12:40, which gave my an extra couple of minutes to eat a piece of fried egg roll and a piece of marinated and grilled pork and take a swig of water.


I was pleasantly surprised when the doctor said I was doing alright.  It is hard to think positively about one’s health when one’s best friend is dying of cancer, but I left the doctor’s office happy.p at least about my situation.


When the appointment ended at 1:30 I drove home arriving a few minutes after 2:00.  I did a little work and then heated my lunch and made a glass of Vietnamese iced coffee.  I took the box lunch  plus the bag of cilantro and a few leaves of green leaf lettuce to the gazebo table in the garden and then picked a handful of basil leaves. I tore leaves and pieces of lettuce into bite sized pieces and loaded them into the box  and drizzled the fish sauce over the rice vermicelli and ate 2/3 of the box and then finished the meal with sips of iced coffee.





                            A view bthe pond with one water lily in bloom.

I then checked my portfolio and discovered that my positive position earlier in the day had turned negative by the end of the day ending down approximately .7%.


I then lay down for twenty minutes until 4:00 when Mohamed, Karim, and Mohan arrived to finish the documentation for the sale of some of our shares in a secondary offering as part of the Indian bank’s IPO.


Mohamed and I completed our packages by 6:00.  Then Suzette came in and said she was hungry.  We agreed to go to Vinaigrette because it had a good duck confit salad.  Suzette and Mohan ordered wine and Karim ordered a ginger drink.  Mohan ordered a Cobb salad.  Suzette ordered the most interesting dish, duck filled tacos wrapped in thinly sliced jicama tortillas.  She sad they were spicy, but after she added some more duck confit from my duck confit, goat cheese, poached pear, and arugula salad she was able to moderate the spiciness.  Karim ordered a tuna salad salad.  We enjoyed dinner and the camaraderie.


I loved the duck confit salad.  It is my new favorite salad at Vinaigrette.  I will go more often now that I know how delicious it is.


After dinner we said goodbye to Mohan who is flying back to San Francisco tomorrow and returned home by 7:50.


We watched the Antiques roadshow and then I watched the Ravens come back from a 22 point deficit to beat the Colts in overtime and then watched San Francisco beat Los Angeles 1 to 0 to take a 2 to 1 game lead in the National League playoff, while I blogged this blog.


Suzette was able to turn on the TV in the bedroom so I could watch in bed with the sound muted so Suzette could sleep.


I finished blogging a bit after 11:00.


I had a full day of activity and was tired.


Tomorrow I will try to file my Response and catch up on deeds.


Bon Appetit 




No comments:

Post a Comment