Wednesday, October 20, 2021

October 19, 2021 Lunch - Fish Soup. Dinner - Steak with Couscous

October 19, 2021 Lunch - Fish Soup. Dinner - Steak with Couscous 

Another day of work instead of breakfast.  I got my pleading filed in court to continue the hearing and I researched the law and found the rule governing the GAL process that provides some guidance in how to proceed.


At 12:30 I made a French style fish soup using the crab broth as the base.  I added carrots, onion, and celery ( a mirepoix) and then added a frozen piece of salmon and a piece of Mahi Mahi, plus one baby choy diced, two cloves of garlic, five stalks of thyme, and a few pieces of frozen papaya by mistake.


When the soup had simmered for about 1/2 hour I heated a bowl of couscous and poured the soup over the couscous for a lovely fish stew.




Then I rested for 1 hour and then turned off the soup to let it cool.


At 3:45 I went to the bank and then Lowe’s to buy milk, tonic water, lettuce, parsley, and cookies. Then I went to the Public Library and picked up next month’s book club selection, Hell and Good Company, a history of the Spanish Civil War.


I then went home and at 5:00 began the arduous task f fixing out TV remote with Xfinity.  We actually were able to use the remote by 6:30.


I then turned my attention to dinner.  


I tried to order take out from East Ocean, but was unable to reach them by phone.


So I asked Suzette if she would eat a fricassee of couscous and PPI rib steak.  When she said yes I minced a shallot and sliced two cloves of garlic and added olive oil to the pan and then added 2 cups of cooked couscous with kale and tomato and sautéed that for a minute and then added 1 charbroiled steak diced and 2 or 3 T. of rose champagne to emulsify the dish.  I stirred everything together and broke up the clumps of couscous and then covered the skillet with a larger skillet to steam the couscous into softness and re-heat the steak. After 5 minutes of steaming dinner was ready.


I looked but could not find the olives in the fridge.  We both thought olives would have enlivened the dish.


It was not as exciting as duck but I was amazed how tasty and hardy and simple the dish was. 1 PPI plus 1 PPI = almost an instant dinner.


I opened a new bottle of wine that I had bought at Costco that was rated 94 points.  It was a heavy Rioja named La Gitana.  It took a while for it to open up and then it became quite pleasant to drink.


I sipped some more wine after dinner with a couple of pieces of chocolate and then fetched a bowl of pistachio ice cream that I ate with a cup of tea.


The big news is that we spent about an hour with Comcast on line assistance and were able to resurrect our remote control’s function, which allows us to change channels and watch tv in the tv room.


Also, it was another strong day in the markets with Bitcoin leading the way.  Most averages are nearing their all time highs again. It was another almost 1% day for my portfolio. My annual increase is at 20%, 4% short of the all time high of three or four weeks ago.


I think I will start selling some stock to provide enough cash to make my mandatory distributions from my IRAs for the year.


I also need to start taking Continuing Legal Education courses to fulfill my 12 hours.


I went to bed at 9:00 and slept until 1:30 when I finished this blog.


Bon Appetit




No comments:

Post a Comment