Thursday, October 14, 2021

October 14, 2021 Lunch - Salad. Dinner - Stir Fried Noodles with Chicken and Vegetables

 October 14, 2021 Lunch - Salad. Dinner - Stir Fried Noodles with Chicken and Vegetables


It was a light food day.  I worked on my Response until 11:30, when I made a salad with red onion slices, green leaf lettuce, tomato, and avocado.  I sliced a piece of French baguette into three slices and toasted them. I buttered the slices and laid a different cheese on each slice, Idiazabal, chèvre, and cambozola.




The blue cheese was really smelly but I ate it.


After lunch I finished editing the a response and filed it a few minutes after 2:00.


Then I checked the market.  Everything had been up all day.  I ended up about 1.825 % for the day, which was excellent. 


I felt great. I drove to the bank to deposit a check. When I returned home I rested until 5:00 when I meditated until 5:30.


Suzette arrived shortly after 5:30.  I walked 1/2 mile to stretch my legs.


When I returned home I suggested make a stir fry of chicken, rice thick noodles and vegetables. 


I minced two shallots, four slices of ginger, three cloves of garlic, the white portion of about eight clumps of Yu Choy, and about eight asparagus sliced into 1 inch pieces, 1 1/2 red Italian red peppers diced, and a handful of sugar snap peas and put them in a bowl.


Then I chopped the 1 1/2 cups off chicken and added a small can of bamboo shoots to its bowl.


In the third bowl I put six sliced mushrooms, and the green tops of the Yu Choy.


I then made a seasoning sauce with cornstarch, soy, Chinese Cooking wine, water, a dash of salt, 1/2 tsp. of sugar, and sesame oil.


Suzette separated the layers of thick rice noodle and washed them. I started a pot to boil water.


As the water was heating I started stir-frying.


I first heated 1 1/2 T. of peanut oil in my wok.  Then I added the bowl of firm ingredients and cooked them for several minutes.  


Then I added the bowl of chicken and sliced bamboo shoots.


At this point the water was boiling so Suzette immersed the noodles into the boiling water for less than a minute to cook them. We then removed the noodles to the wok and added them to the wok and I added the seasoning sauce and stirred everything together. As the seasoning heated in the wok, it began to thicken, so I had to add more water.p to keep the sauce from coagulating into paste.



                                                  Before Adding the seasoning sauce 

                                                                   The finished dish.


I stirred a bit more and then we served ourselves plates of  the noodle dish.


Suzette drank her cocktail and I drank a cup of Chinese green tea.


Suzette and I loved the dish and there was enough left for another meal.


Bon Appetit




No comments:

Post a Comment