Saturday, August 28, 2021

August 28, 2021 Brunch - Ham and Eggs Dinner - Grilled Steak and Sweet potatoes with a vegetable Medley of Sliced Mushrooms, zucchini, shallot, and Shishito peppers and a Tomato and cucumber salad

 August 28, 2021 Brunch - Ham and Eggs   Dinner - Grilled Steak and Sweet potatoes with a vegetable Medley of Sliced Mushrooms, zucchini, shallot, and Shishito peppers and a Tomato and cucumber salad


I awakened at 7:30 and saw that the Leicester v. Norwich PL match came on at 8:00 I got dressed and told Suzette I was going for a walk. Se got dressed and said she would join me.  I watched the first 18 minutes of the match and then we walked 2/3 mile.


Then Suzette went to work and I watched the rest of green match. Amazingly Liecester won 2 to 1. 


I then made breakfast of two eggs, 1 slice of onion, and two slices of ham sautéed and a slice of toasted French Baguette spread with orange marmalade and garnished with Jarlsberg cheese plated for 23 seconds in the microwave and a cup of chai.




I finished the prep at 10:30 just as the match between Chelsea and Liverpool.  It was a great match that ended 1 to 1.  I did not see the last few minutes, but enough to see the two goals. I had never seen the penalty that led to Liverpool’s goal. It was caused by a player blocking a kick going into the goal with his hand.  He was immediately given a red card and ejected from the match and Salad scored on the penalty kick.  Afterwards, Chelsea was able to protect the tie with a strong defense even though they only played with 10 players.


Suzette came home in the afternoon while I was reading the first few pages of Travels With Charley by Steinbeck.


I watched the news at 5:00 and then went to the kitchen to start dinner.  I had thawed a rib steak after brunch. 


Suzette wanted to grill sweet potato slices with the steak.  I wanted to sauté a medley of zucchini, Shishito peppers, mushrooms, and 1 1/2 shallots plus some thyme and tarragon and about 2 T. of sherry after about fifteen minutes of sautéing.





Suzette also made a salad of chopped tomatoes and cucumber.




It was a great dinner.  The sweet potato slices were a bit dry put we diced them and mixed them with the vegetable medley.





I opened a bottle of 2017 De Ponte Dundee Hills Pinot Noir.





The wine was delicious but not as wonderful as the De Ponte 2016 Dundee Hills Pinot Noir.


After dinner we watched the Mirror has two sides with Barbra Streisand, Jeff Bridges and a terrific supporting cast.


We stayed up to watch some of Saturday Night Live, but went to bed when we saw it was a re-run.


Bon Appetit  


No comments:

Post a Comment