Tuesday, August 17, 2021

August 17, 2021 Lunch - Stir Fried Lamb, onion, Lamb, spinach, Shishito peppers, garlic, mushroom, red bell pepper, and quinoa. Dinner - hamburgers with Sautéed potatoes, onion, asparagus, and garlic with sautéed mushrooms and shishito peppers.

 August 17, 2021 Lunch - Stir Fried Lamb, onion, Lamb, Shishito peppers, garlic, mushroom, spinach, red bell pepper, and quinoa.  Dinner - hamburgers with Sautéed potatoes, onion, asparagus, and garlic with sautéed mushrooms and shishito peppers.


This was a full day of food.  I started the day with a bowl of granola, milk, yogurt, and a diced fresh peach.  


I then helped Suzette cut back vegetation to provide access to the painters until Aaron and his crew came to finish the cutting back the rest of  the vegetation around the house and even moved the cottonwood log to the middle of the side yard.


I worked in the morning and then showered and at 12:30 made a wonderful lunch; a stir fry of quinoa, garlic, ginger, Shishito peppers, diced red bell pepper a sliced mushroom, a diced lamb riblet, a handful of spinach,  and onion. I loved it.





I drank iced Vietnamese coffee so 8 would stay awake during the afternoon.


I worked from 2:30 until 6:45 and then made a drink and watched Rachel for 1/2 hour and then prepped dinner.  I cubed two baked Yukon gold potatoes, about 1/2 cup of red and yellow onion, three mushrooms sliced, and a small handful of Shishito peppers.  Suzette diced several stalks of asparagus and I sliced slices of Dubliner cheddar to melt on top.


Suzette cooked the meal in two skills, one with potatoes, asparagus, and onions and the other with  Shishito, mushrooms, and the hamburgers.  When Suzette turned the hamburgers she lay slices of cheddar on top of them and covered the skillet to melt the cheese. She sliced a tomato and served the cheese topped hamburger on a slice of red tomato.







I opened and poured a 2018 bottle of Charles Shaw California organic 100% pinot noir ($3.99 at Trader Joe’s). Remarkably, this Pinot tastes like a Pinot, and the price is right.


We loved the dinner.


Later I ate the last of the peach and blueberry cobbler with a cup of tea.




I was saved from the complete meltdown of the market today by Moderna that was up $26.00.  I still lost about .4%, but nothing like I would have suffered lacking Moderna.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment