Friday, August 6, 2021

August 3, 2021 Lunch - Vichyssoises. Dinner - PPI Pork ribs and potato salad with sliced tomatoes

 August 3, 2021 Lunch - Vichyssoises. Dinner - PPI Pork ribs and potato salad with sliced tomatoes


I made Dee a sandwich and he left a little after 9:00 this morning.  I was really hungry so I went with my go to breakfast when hungry; eggs, sausage and toast.


Today I added a spoonful of potato salad to the skillet.  I toasted a slice of the lovely whole wheat bread the Center’s new baker made and buttered it and spread it with pineapple marmalade and drank a cup of chai.


Here are photos.





I napped from 12:30 to 1:30 and watched the market close as I prepared lunch, which was the PPI Vichyssoises with fresh chive ringlets.  I went to the garden and picked six chives and sliced them into thin rings to garnish the soup and drank a glass of water.




At 2:00 I checked my portfolio and found that it had risen 1.35% thanks to a rise of $38.00 in Moderna, $11.00 in Pioneer Natural Resources, and about $1.68 in Apple.  It looks like the market is on a roll again and near its all time highs, which means it may be time for a correction.  But interest rates are low and earnings appear to be strong.


At 4:00 I drove to the bank and then Smith’s to buy groceries.  We had agreed to cook a chicken at Susan and Charlie’s tomorrow evening, so I bought a chicken.  Since Atlantic salmon fillets were on sale for $7.99/lb. I bought one.  And because smoked ham was on sale for $1.29/lb. I bought one also.  I was interested to see if my on line coupon for Kraft BBQ sauce was still valid automatically, I picked up two 16 oz. bottles.  It turned out the coupon was still valid and gave me the $1.00 off, which meant each bottle of BBQ sauce cost $.39.  I also bought some chocolate cookies.


When I returned home Suzette had arrived and was watching home improvement shows and nibbling on corn chips dipped into a dip of avocado mixed with crema.


I lay down to rest until 7:00 and watched a Norwegian men’s beach volleyball team beat a Russian team.


Neither of us was in the mood to cook, so we decided to simply heat the six pork ribs Donnie had given us Sunday and serve them with the PPI potato salad and more of the lovely ripe tomatoes from the Center garnished with basil mayonnaise and to drink a beer with dinner.  Suzette heated the ribs and fetched two Negra Modelos from the garage and plated two plates with sliced tomatoes with a dab of basil mayonnaise, potato salad, and the ribs.  We also heated about 1 cup of BBQ sauce to dip the ribs in since they dried out somewhat from reheating in the microwave.





We enjoyed dinner and not having to prep or cook.


After dinner, I drank a cup of chai with a handful of Praline Pecans.


We watched Olympics and some of a repeat of Finding Your Roots, and news until 9:15 when we went to bed. 


I blogged while Suzette slept and then started the Autobiography of Malcolm X, the book club selection for the month.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment