Thursday, August 19, 2021

August 19, 2021 Lunch - 2000 Vietnam No. 30 and stir-fried flat Noodles. Dinner - Leftover Vietnamese lunch for Suzette, Tuscan melon and Prosciutto, brie on French Baguette for me, and Peach and Blueberry Cobbler with Vanilla Ice cream

 August 19, 2021 Lunch - 2000 Vietnam No. 30 and stir-fried flat Noodles. Dinner - Leftover Vietnamese lunch for Suzette, Tuscan melon and Prosciutto, brie on French Baguette for me, and Peach and Blueberry Cobbler with Vanilla Ice cream

I ate a bowl of granola with yogurt, milk, and blueberries for breakfast.




Then I walked 2/3 miles.  I called Aaron at noon and said I would meet him at 2:00 with Vietnamese takeout.  Aaron ordered stir-fried flat noodles with vegetables and chicken. I ordered No. 30, fried egg rolls and marinated grilled Pork on rice noodles on chopped vegetables and mung bean sprouts.


I first went to the bank to make a deposit. Then I drove to Sprouts and bought sweet potatoes, burrata, milk, chocolate covered almonds, and yogurt.  


I then called in the order to 2000 Vietnam and after depositing my groceries, I drove to pick up the lunch and the drove home.  When I arrived at home at 1:45 p.m. Aaron was waiting.  After putting away the groceries We loved our food and talked about business.





I worked in the afternoon until 4:45 and then meditated with the three stones group until 5:30. Luke joined us today, which was great.


After meditation I read my book club book until 7:00;and then peeled and sliced 1/2 of a chilled Tuscan melon and lay slices of prosciutto on the 9 slices for each of us.  Suzette had eaten the leftover Vietnamese food from lunch, so she only ate 7 pieces, so I ate 11.


Then I toasted two slices of French baguette and buttered them and covered them with slices of Isigny Ste. Mere brie cheese and we opened a bottle of 2015/0 Benton Lane Rose that had great character and lots of fruity flavor. I was amazed.  We also opened a bottle of Gruet rose that was undrinkable. 


Later we poured glasses of cognac and ate a bowl of heated peach and blueberry cobbler with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. I also drank a cup of a Earl Grey tea with milk and sugar.  Suzette said she reduced the amount of sugar in the cobbler to allow the natural sweetness of the peaches to shine through.





We went to bed by 10:00.


The markets are still in a downward spiral worldwide. I guess they will not rebound until the Delta variant of Covid burns through the planet’s population.  I suffered another .4% drop today.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment