Sunday, August 22, 2021

August 22, 2021 Lunch - Ham Salad Sandwiches Dinner - Trout Hash with Spinach

 August 22, 2021 Lunch - Ham Salad Sandwiches Dinner - Trout Hash with spinach 


This morning we cleared furniture and curtains off the patio and garage so the painters can paint.


I ate a fig bar before work and a peanut butter and honey sandwich after working outside.  




Suzette asked me if I was hungry at noon and I answered honestly, “No.”


She wanted to make trout hash and I  suggested making ham salad instead and we would eat the trout hash for dinner.  She took my suggestion and made a large bowl of ham salad using the 1/4 cup of pickle relish and fresh chopped cucumbers plus hard boiled eggs, ham,  and a lovely mayonnaise dressing that was a little like tartare sauce  


I read until 2:00 when the President spoke.  After his speech I worked a bit as did Suzette.  At 4:00 I toasted two slices of whole wheat sandwich bread and spread them with the ham salad dressing and ham salad.  The were delicious.


At 6:00 we drove to Total Wine, where we bought Winery Direct French and Italian wines at a 25% discount plus two bottles of Scotch for Suzette plus a Spanish Rioja Reserva at 50% off and used my $10.00 coupon.  


When we returned home at 7:30 Suzette started cooking The 


Trout Hash 


I need to note that Suzette loves potatoes.  She diced our largest potato and cooked it with a bit of water covered with Saran in the microwave.  She then diced 1/4 red bell pepper and a small straight neck yellow squash. I sliced 1/3 onion and four cloves of garlic and we sautéed all those ingredients in a large skillet until they were cooked.


I destemmed several handfuls of baby spinach leaves and placed them in two pasta bowls.  Suzette added the trout to the skillet and tossed the trout into the hash.  Then Suzette broke two eggs on the hash and covered the skillet so the eggs would congeal.  After a couple of minutes when the egg white became firm, Suzette put 1/2 of the hash with an egg into each bowl.








I poured glasses of Rodney Strong Charlotte’s Home Vineyard Sauvignon Blanc from Sonoma County.  I tasted like fresh peaches, slightly sweet but full bodied.  We both liked it a lot.


We watched a Netflix series titled The Chair that contained about 6 1/2 episodes that when linked together in one binge amounted to an engrossing movie.  


We went to bed at 11:15, Suzette to sleep and I to write this blog.  I enjoyed the four small meals and even enjoyed the work.


Bon Appetit 

No comments:

Post a Comment