Monday, August 9, 2021

August 9, 2021 Lunch - 2000 Vietnam No. 30. Dinner Grilled Rib Steak with Baked Potato and Sautéed zucchini flavored with basil and lemon juice

August 9, 2021 Lunch - 2000 Vietnam No. 30. Dinner Grilled Rib Steak with Baked Potato and Sautéed zucchini flavored with basil and lemon juice


I had a leisurely day we met with several contractors to give us an estimate on the remodel of my bathroom and trimming the trees and removing the fallen branch from the large cottonwood tree in our front yard.


The market was in a lackluster pattern today with the Dow and the S and P down.  The Nasdaq was up a little but I had one of my best days because Moderna was up $73 and Square was up almost $5.00.  I guess a lot of folks are becoming aware that vaccinations are not going to be one and done.  New infections rose to 100,000 today, so Covid may be with us like flu.  Trump may have been unwittingly correct when he said Covid is like the flu.  People seem to be thinking that no company is better positioned to develop new MRNA vaccines quickly than Moderna.  I hope they are right.


At 6:45 I walked a mini-mile with Suzette, but lost energy toward the end.


I knew I needed to rebuild my energy because I had a yoga session at 11:00, so at 8:00 I toasted a piece of French Baguette and a slice of the Whole wheat baked by the new baker at the Greenhouse Bistro at the Center.


I smeared the whole wheat with peanut butter and honey and smeared the French baguette slice with butter and pineapple marmalade and then lay slices of Jarlsberg on it.


I made a chai and ate breakfast while Suzette drafted the measurements for the bathroom remodel.




Lunch - 


I drove to yoga at 11:00 and at noon after yoga called in a carry out order to 2000 Vietnam of a No. 30 that is the new menu number for the old No. 21, deep fried Egg rolls and grilled marinated pork on a bed of rice vermicelli on a bed of chopped lettuce and cucumber strips and mung bean sprouts.  When I returned home, I went the garden and plucked about 12 basil leaves and fetched the bag of cilantro from the fridge and leaves of those to the dish. I made an iced Vietnamese coffee with 1/2 glass of cold coffee left from breakfast, 1 T. of Nestle Lecheria condensed milk, and ice and ate 1/2 of the box of food.




I then watched the market close and checked my portfolio.  Moderna and Square held their gains, and although most of my other stocks were down, I still achieved a remarkable 1.2% gain that took my portfolio to a new high, achieving a gain for the year that is above 20% so far.


Dinner -


I worked during the afternoon until 5:15 when Suzette came home.  I washed and put two russet and two Yukon Gold potatoes into the oven  at 375 degrees for 50 minutes and then read until 6:30.


Sautéed Zucchini - At 6:30 I sliced three zucchini, a shallot, and three cloves of garlic. I then went to the garden and picked about ten basil leaves and removed their central stem and sliced them into strips.


Suzette salted and peppered a 1 1/2 inch thick rib steak and when she put it on the grill I began sautéing the vegetables in 1 T. of olive oil.  When the zucchini slices began to turn golden brown I added the basil strips and juice of 1/2 lemon.


I then went to the garden and picked 8 or 10 chives and sliced them thinly and placed the slices in a bowl on the table.


When Suzette brought the grilled steak in I sliced it into 1/2 inch slices. while Suzette plated and opened two potatoes and added butter and a spoonful of sour cream to each and then put 1/2 of the sautéed zucchini on each plate and I added slices of steak. Suzette poured out the French Morgan Beaujolais and we ate a lovely dinner.  Later as we were watching the Antiques Roadshow Suzette heated the last of the four fruit cobbler and we added scoops of Jamoca Almond fudge ice cream and we ate  dessert while watching the Roadshow.




We went to bed at 9:30, Suzette to sleep and I to blog and read The Autobiography of Malcolm X.


Dinner achieved high praise, Suzette said it was delicious.


Bon Appetit






 


No comments:

Post a Comment