Monday, August 23, 2021

August 23, 2021 Lunch - 2000 Vietnam No. 30. Dinner - No. 30 and Peach and Blueberry Cobbler with Vanilla Ice Cream

August 23, 2021 Lunch - 2000 Vietnam No. 30. Dinner - No. 30 and Peach and Blueberry Cobbler with Vanilla Ice Cream


I ate granola with yogurt, milk, and a sliced peach for breakfast at 8:00. As I ate I watched the Market take off and pretty soon it became clear that this was going to be a special day.


At 10:30 I drove to my yoga session.  It was amazingly helpful and I felt much better after it ended. We worked on my quads, and inner thighs where most of my pain is.  I walked out without any pain. 


I drove to 2000 Vietnam and picked up a No. 30 and drove home and reviewed the roof problems with Greg that will require a roof repair.


I then went to the garden and picked a handful of basil leaves and when I got back to the kitchen I fetched a bunch of cilantro and made a glass of Vietnamese iced coffee and enjoyed approximately half of the No. 30 for lunch (grilled marinated pork with fried egg rolls on a bed of warm rice vermicelli noodles on a bed of chopped lettuce, cucumber strips, basil and cilantro, and mung bean sprouts doused with a sweet fish sauce). 




I watched the Market close from 1:30 to 2:00.  The Dow closed up 218 and the NASDAQ was up 227 points to a new high with almost everything up, I had the best day ever, over 2.136% today and 3.67% in two days.


My portfolio is within $2000 of an all time high and as I write this at 9:30 p.m. the futures are up a bit, so here is hoping for another up day to a new high.


I worked a bit in the afternoon and read until Suzette arrived at 6:30.


She had eaten a late lunch, so we decided to share the remaining No. 30 and peach and blueberry cobbler.


The remaining Vietnamese food with the extra cilantro and basil was delicious and a little later we enjoyed the last of the cobbler heated and topped with the last few scoops of vanilla ice cream with sniffers of cognac.





Today confirms that the only thing better than a meal of Vietnamese food is two meals of Vietnamese food, especially with a wonderful fresh peach cobbler made with fresh peaches from your own tree.


Bon Appetit










No comments:

Post a Comment