Friday, August 20, 2021

August 20, 2021 Lunch - Range Cafe Country Fried Steak with mashed potatoes and green beans. Dinner - Baked Ham and Roasted Root Vegetables

August 20, 2021 Lunch - Range Cafe Country Fried Steak with mashed potatoes and green beans. Dinner - Baked Ham and Roasted Root Vegetables


I slept until 8:00 when Suzette awakened me to get up so we could walk.  We walked .9 mile in the neighborhood. 


After Suzette left I ate a bowl of granola, sliced banana, blueberries, yogurt, and milk and then worked until noon including doing five deeds when I went to The Range with Peter for lunch.  We split a chicken fried steak and a cream puff.




We sat outside on the patio in what used to be the parking lot covered with a red nylon sheet.


The chicken fried steak and haricots vert were good, but not great.  The cream puff was filled with whipped cream instead of Bavarian cream, so I only ate one bite of it to not trigger lactose insensitivity.





When I returned home I watched the market close and was surprised the market rose into the close, which may help a rise on Monday and an almost 40% recovery of the 3.66% portfolio drop this week.  I felt a wave of redemption for holding my positions and adding a bit more Facebook.


I should have added Nvidia instead because it rose over 5% today accounting for over  36% of today’s gain.


I then made a maple syrup and brown sugar glaze and washed and dried and scored and glazed an 11 lb. ham I bought last week and put it into a 325 degree oven to bake.


I then worked on my two new cases in the afternoon and filed the last filing just after 5:00 when Suzette arrived.  I retired to my bed to finish reading The Autobiography of Malcolm X.  


Suzette chopped fresh picked carrots, parsnips, red onion, and sweet potato and tossed them in olive oil, salt, and pepper and roasted them for 45 minutes with the ham.  


Unfortunately, the vegetables were a little tough, so Suzette continued baking them after we sliced slices of ham and ate some of the vegetables.


We opened a Herman Weimer 2019 Riesling and it was delicious.


I finished the Autobiography after dinner and dozed until 9:45 when I made a cup of chai and ate two spoonfuls of mocha Almond Fudge with drizzles of chocolate syrup and Kahlua.




The most interesting news I heard was from Texas Legislator Gins Hinajosa that the Texas Legislature moved the restrictive voting bill today to a vote on Monday without a quorum which is illegal.


Bon Appetit




 

No comments:

Post a Comment