Wednesday, July 7, 2021

July 7, 2021 Lunch - East Ocean Dinner - Salad

 July 7, 2021 Lunch - East Ocean  Dinner - Salad


This was a day filled with legal work. 


We awakened around 7:00 and I ate a bowl of granola, milk, blueberries, and yogurt snd watched the Tour and the market open.  Then we walked a mile in the neighborhood. 


Then Suzette left for work a bit after 8:00and I watched the end of a stage 11 of the Tour which turned out to be another memorable stage. The Belgium champion, named Van Aert, rode with the breakaway from the beginning of the race and stayed away all day and on the second and final climb of the massive Mont Ventoux, he created a 1:24 minute gap that no one was able to close.


The mark turned negative during the day but ended up slightly positive, but not enough to prevent a small loss of .1% in my portfolio.


At 10:00 a family that needed to settle a thorny probate showed up and we discussed a settlement for two hours and finally came to what I hope will be a final settlement.


I then showered and dressed and met Mike at East Ocean at 12:45 to celebrate his .birthday by buying him lunch.  He let me order and I ordered Fried tofu with Mixed Vegetables ($9.99) and 1/2 roasted duck ($14.99).  The duck was outstanding. The skin was crisp and the meat tender and indescribably delicious.  I love the tofu and mixed vegetables because they stir fry the deep fried tofu with 9 different vegetables.


                                         Tofu and Mixed Vegetables and  a piece of duck


At 2:00 I returned home and met Aaron to prepare several corporate documents.


I finished at 4:15 and made myself a gin and tonic and relaxed until Suzette arrived around 6:15.


Suzette had eaten a huge lunch and was not hungry for dinner, so I made a Salad with the last four dolmas, lettuce, and slices of cucumbers and radishes with two green onions thinly sliced into ringlets and drizzled with Cesar salad dressing.


We watched game five of the Stanley Cup finals.  Tampa Bay was dominant and won the Stanley Cup for the second year in a row.


Then at 9:00 Suzette went to bed and I ate a slice of the flan Elaine made for my birthday dinner with fresh strawberries.


I also drank a cup of chai with the dessert and went to bed at 10:00 to blog and read.


I also did a few deeds today, so it was a pretty full day of legal work.


Bon Appetit 

No comments:

Post a Comment