Tuesday, July 20, 2021

July 20, 2021 Lunch - Chicken Salad Salad. Dinner - PPI Seared Salmon with Bean Salad

 July 20, 2021 Lunch - Chicken Salad Salad. Dinner - PPI Seared Salmon with Bean Salad 


I am sleeping more these days. I woke up at 7:30.  It was a bright new day in the market with gains everywhere there had only been losses for the last four days.  What was interesting was that the two stocks that did really well yesterday, Nvidia and Moderna went down in the face of a surge of the DOW 550 points and 220 in the NASDAQ.  Even so my portfolio regained half of it entire loss from the last four days, rising 1.37%.


I ate granola, milk, yogurt, blueberries, and banana slices for breakfast and then walked a mile.  


I watched the Blue Horizon launch and after press conference and cried when Jeff Bezos announced the Courage and Civility Awards announced the first two recipients, Van Jones and Jose Andres.  What a wonderful thing to do, to give money to persons who will use it for good.


At noon I drove to Costco and bought eggs, olive oil, goat cheese, asparagus, praline pecans, granola, and a bottle of Gruet Rose Sauvage.


I then drove home and made a salad with romaine lettuce, chicken salad, and a tomato with a drizzle of olive oil and Moderna white vinegar.




After checking my portfolio’s performance I called Willy to invite him for dinner, worked for an hour, and then napped until Suzette arrived at 5:00.


I chilled the new bottle of French Sauvignon Blanc and we made gin and tonics and watched the news.


We did not need to cook because we had the lovely leftovers from Sunday’s meal with Nancy and Cliff and Wayne and Elaine; seared salmon and a two bean and Elaine’s amazing pea salad; combining sugar snap peas, baby Lima beans, micro greens, blue cheese, baby arugula, and strawberries.


We served the salmon on a pile of PPI couscous and Artichokes Provençale that I made last night.




The real surprise was the wine.  I had bought a new bottle at Trader Joe’s from Cotes de Gascogne, a 2020 Claire Patelin Sauvignon Blanc that proved surprisingly good.  The way I know it was really good was we all kept drinking glasses of it until it was fully consumed.




After dinner Willy left and we ate the last of Sunday’s dessert, a creamy gelatin served with lots of fresh berries.


It was a lovely meal of leftovers and an impressive wine discovery.


I guess today’s big news besides Bezos’ flight into space and the creation of the $100,000,000 Courage and Civility awards was that Trump’s Inaugural chairman, Barrack, was indicted by the DOJ for not registering as a foreign agent and lying to the FBI about it.  I guess the Trump confidants disregard for the law is catching up to those that Trump did not


Bon Appetit 

No comments:

Post a Comment