Monday, July 26, 2021

July 26, 2021 Lunch - Chicken Salad Salad, Dinner - Roasted Chicken thighs, potatoes, garlic, and onions with steamed asparagus

July 26, 2021 Lunch - Chicken Salad Salad, Dinner - Roasted Chicken thighs, potatoes, garlic, and onions with steamed asparagus


I had a colonoscopy at 9:00 this morning. It went well and the doctor informed me this would be my last one.


When I returned home I ate a light meal of yogurt, granola, blueberries, milk, and banana slices.


Then I watched TV and tried to relax to let the drug used to put me to sleep wear off.  Actually Karim came by around 1:30 and we worked on his project until 3:00, by which time I was hungry.  I made a simple salad of iceberg lettuce, chicken salad, a sliced radish, a green onion, and a tomato and refreshed the Cesar dressing with juice of a lemon and some olive oil before drizzling it onto the salad.




After lunch I checked my portfolio and found that I suffered a minimal loss on a rather lackluster day on which one stock caused the loss, JD. It, like the big a Chinese companies’ stocks, tumbled as the Chinese government continues to put restrictions on Chinese companies.


Suzette came home at 5:00 and we decided rather quickly to cook a very simple meal.  We combined three diced potatoes, a diced onion, about 9 cloves of garlic with their skin left on, liberally drizzled with olive oil and four chicken pan thighs in a ceramic baking dish and covered it with aluminum foil and roasted it for 1:15 minutes covered at 350 degrees and about 15 minutes uncovered to brown the chicken.






I opened a bottle of La Granja Viura/Verdejo blend ($5.99 at Trader Joe’s) that went rather well with the chicken and Suzette steamed the last six stalks of asparagus in the microwave covered in a pyrex baking dish with a bit of water.






The thing that was remarkable about dinner was how easy it was to prepare.  The prep took no more than 5 minutes of our combined effort and we sipped wine and watched the news while dinner roasted in the oven.


Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment