Saturday, July 31, 2021

July 30, 2021 Brunch - Jimmie’s Diner Dinner - Grilled Rack of Lamb, sautéed purple beans with slivered almonds, Roasted Potatoes with garlic and shallots and Tzatziki

 July 30, 2021 Brunch - Jimmie’s Diner   Dinner - Grilled Rack of Lamb, sautéed purple beans with slivered almonds, Roasted Potatoes with garlic and shallots and Tzatziki 


I woke up at 4:00 and watched the news until 5:00 when the match between the U.S. and Holland in Women’s soccer began.  It went on and on tied 2 to 2 at the end of full time and through the thirty minutes of  overtime.  Finally, the U.S. won in the shoot out.  


I did some work and electronically clipped 8 or 10 coupons at Smith’s and then printed them.


At around 10:30 I drove to the Lexus dealership to pick up Dee who had taken his new Lexus in for servicing. When I picked him up he wanted to go get some breakfast.  When I consulted Google I found a 4 1/2 star rated diner near the Lexus dealer named, Jimmie’, so we drove there.  It was packed and had an extensive menu.  Dee ordered Jimmie’s breakfast with eggs, hash browns, and three kinds of meat, sausages, bacon, and ham.


I ordered Corn Beef Hash with fruit and two eggs over easy.  Although I did not order it I received hash brown potatoes also, which were delicious.




Dee could not finish his breakfast and gave me a sausage and two slices of bacon.  Jimmie’s is actually rated 4.6, so one-of the Most highly rs at Ed restaurants in Albuquerque.


After brunch We drove to Smith’s to shop for groceries. I ought all the sale items I had clipped, a slab of ribs, a lb. of ground lamb, two 1 lb. bags of green peas, shallots, two 16 oz. bottles of kraft’s BBQ sauce, plus a mush melon, bananas, and fresh peaches. What I learned was that the self-checkout machine automatically gave me the discounts for the coupons I had clipped as I scanned each item for which there was a coupon.


The total bill was $35.00 with a savings of $22,56.  I have not had such a wonderful shopping experience in a long time.  Count this a one of the three wonderful events of the day.


Another wonderful event of the day was finding out that the stock of the bank I own stock in in India was going public and there is a window to sell shares at a price 15 times what I paid for the shares 16 years ago. 


I will sell some shares and hold some to see how the public market develops.


When we returned home I lay down for a nap from 2:30 until 3:30.


At 5:00 I drove Dee to Lexus to pick up his car and then drove to Costco and bought 10 lb. of Yukon Gold potatoes.


When I returned home I diced three russet potatoes, three shallots, and about ten cloves of garlic and put them into a 9 x 13 Pyrex baking dish, ready for Suzette to salt and pepper and toss with olive oil.


Soon after I arrived home Suzette and Dee arrived.  I reviewed a couple of deeds and then joined Dee and Suzette in the garden where they were enjoying their evening cocktail in the late afternoon sun.


I then went back in and made Tzatziki while Suzette snapped the ends off the purple pole beans she brought from her garden at the Center and sautéed them in butter and olive oil with slivered almonds. She also salted and peppered the rack of lamb and doused it with mint jelly and charcoal grilled it to a lovely dark color. 


I finished the Tzatziki as Suzette was bringing in the rack from the grill. I sliced the rack into double rib sections and pater then melted with the roasted potatoes and sautéed beans Suzette had placed on the plates.


I opened a 2017 Rioax Cotes Du Rhone that was very smooth and drinkable. 


We took our wine and plates and the Tzatziki to the garden and enjoyed a pleasant meal.


At 8:00 Suzette said it was time to walk in the Bosque, so we took our dishes and glasses back to the kitchen and drove to the Kit Carson Park and Suzette and I walked to the blind on the south pond.  It was turning dark with just the after glow of the sunset illuminating the trees on the west side of the pond, casting the reflection of the trees across the water. The pond was serenely calm and beautifully carpeted with the trees’ shadows.  We spent several minutes enjoying the calm and communing with nature. Communing with nature was the third wonderful thing that happened today.


When we returned to our car we drove to the Old Town Tap Room at 9:00. We said hello to Brian who was working on his marketing plan.


Suzette drank a Rosemary gin sour and I drank my usual blood orange apple cider.


We arrived home at 10:00.  Suzette and Dee went to bed and I stayed up to blog until 11:00.


Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment