Friday, July 23, 2021

July 23, 2021 Lunch - East Ocean Dinner - Poke Shish kabobs with Fried Tofu and Mixed Vegetables and Szechuan Clams and Rice

July 23, 2021 Lunch - East Ocean Dinner - Poke Shish kabobs with Fried Tofu and Mixed Vegetables and Szechuan Clams and Rice


Aaron and I ate toasted slices of bagel smeared with cream cheese and garnished with slices of red onion and Gravad lax and capers and then we went to court for a hearing, except the court was not open and we did it telephonically.


Then we returned to the house and aaron tried to fix the email problem n my computer to no avail.


We then went to East Ocean to eat lunch.  We had been many times before and Aaron loves the deep fried tofu with mixed Vegetables, so we ordered those.  


I asked Aaron whether he liked clams or duck better.  He chose Manila clams, so we ordered those with a Szechuan sauce.  As it turned out the Szechuan sauce was really spicy today and it almost ruined the joy of eating the clams, but nothing really can ruin the joy of eating freshly steamed clams.


After a lengthy lunch with lots of chatting we said goodbye at 12:30.


When I checked the Market in the morning it was up, being powered by big tech names like Apple, Facebook, Moderna, and Square.  When I returned home I worked for a while and then checked after the Market closed at 2:00 and was amazed that the market had a strong close for a Friday with the early strength of the morning lasting and accelerating to the Close.  My portfolio ended the day with another stellar gain of 1.25%.  In fact the last four days have all been great with the portfolio notching a total gain of 4.78% or said another way, almost 1/2 of my expected gain for 2021 in four days.


I will need to revise my expected annual gain because my portfolio has already increased 18%. 


I took the leftover food home from East Ocean so when zsuzette arrived at 5:30, we had a dilemma.  We had the fresh salmon, tuna, and scallops plus the fried tofu and mixed vegetables and five or six clams plus rice.


Poke


I did not eat the salmon, scallops, and tuna I had bought for sushi and we had all the leftovers from lunch.  I was at a loss as to a menu utilizing those ingredients, but Suzette came up with a creative solution, Poke Shish Kabob served with the Fried Tofu and Mixed Vegetables and rice.


I copied a recipe from the internet for the poke while Suzette cubed the tuna.  The salmon was already cubed. Here is the recipe I used: 


Tuna Poke Bowls

METRIC


CUP MEASURES

By Jennifer Segal

Tuna poke is a traditional Hawaiian salad of raw tuna marinated in soy sauce, sesame oil, and onions. Here it’s served over sushi rice with your favorite toppings.

Servings: 4 to 6

Prep Time: 20 Minutes


Total Time: 20 Minutes, plus at least 15 minutes to marinate

INGREDIENTS

  • 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons soy sauce (use gluten-free if necessary)
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 1 tablespoon sesame oil
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • 1 tablespoon Sambal Oelek (see note)
  • 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
  • 3 scallions, white and green parts, thinly sliced
  • 1 pound sushi-grade ahi tuna (such as yellowfin or big-eye tuna), diced into 1/4 or 1/2-inch pieces
  • 2 cups sushi rice, cooked according to package instructions (any other type of rice or grain can be substituted)


I mixed the ingredients and marinated the cubes salmon, tuna, and scallops for about 45 minutes. We left out the sambal Oelek because we added the spicy clam sauce to the rice, tofu, and mixed vegetables. We also substituted the PPI chives slices for two of the green onions.


Suzette skewered most of the poke onto three skewers and grilled and marinated the skewers on the propane grill outside until the fish was cooked to just beyond seared. 


She placed the remaining poke in a small bowl for me to eat.


The Rice and Tofu and Mixed Vegetables and spicy clams


Suzette emptied and mixed the two boxes of leftovers into a 6 x 9 inch pyrex baking dish on which I drizzled soy sauce to flavor the vegetables and rice.  I then went to the garden and picked about 12 leaves each of two kinds of kale that I de-stemmed and cut into bite sized pieces and lay on top of the tofu, vegetables and rice.  covered the baking dish with Saran and put it into the microwave to re-heat on a setting of sensor re-heat.


Soon Suzette brought in the grilled skewers of poke and plated two plates with a pile of the re-heated tofu, vegetables, kale, clams m and riceand lay the shish kabob fish on top of the pile.


I went fetched two Negra Modelos from the garage and we ate a lovely creative meal that I finished with the raw poke.


Later we watched the Opening Ceremony of the Tokyo Olympics and I ate a bowl of chocolate ice cream.


Suzette went to bed at 10:00 after the Olympic ceremony and I stayed up to blog.


Bon Appetit 


No comments:

Post a Comment