Friday, August 7, 2020

August 7, 2020 Lunch – 2000 Vietnam No. 21 Bun Cha Gio with Grilled Pork. Dinner – Duck Breast Salad



 August 7, 2020  Lunch –  2000 Vietnam No. 21 Bun Cha Gio with Grilled Pork. Dinner – Duck Breast Salad

What a fun day of food.  I ate the leftover ½ of yesterday’s No 21 from 2000 Vietnam for lunch at 11:30 and for dinner we created a lovely duck breast salad with odds and ends of ingredients, including sweet potatoes, asparagus, cucumber, pears, Romaine lettuce, and Kale and arugula from the garden.  We even created a unique dressing by adding balsamic vinegar and olive oil to the PPI orange sauce used to garnish the sautéed duck several days ago, which neutralized the sauce’s sweetness and alcoholic tinges of flavor.

I woke up and watched the Market open and saw that it would be a down day but decided to hold my positions rather than selling some and trying to buy back at a lower price.  The result was that I lost a bit more than ½ % of my portfolio value, but I considered myself lucky because yesterday my portfolio unexpectedly rose 1 ½%.  

At 8:00 I walked ½ mile and then showered and prepared for a hearing at 10:00 with my client.  The hearing went well.

I then obtained authority for a client to do business as a foreign corporation in Colorado and provided documents for a loan for Luke to obtain a mortgage to buy a new house in Hurley, New York near Woodstock.

I then became hungry, having had no breakfast, so I went to the garden and picked about ten basil leaves and destemmed them and added them to the leftover 1\2 of the No. 21 I bought from 2000 Vietnam yesterday.

I loved it.  After lunch I checked my stocks and found out that I had a loss for the day.  But in the last 7 preceding trading days my portfolio has been on a tear, going up almost 5%, a record run for me.

After lunch I caught up on mail and deeds. I am the New Mexico attorney for a mortgage company and approve the form of deeds for their New Mexico transactions.

At 3:30 Suzette came home and at 4:30 I stopped working and watched the news until Suzette finished her business.  At 6:00 we made the duck breast salad described above. We peeled and cubed a bag of pears Suzette brought home from her pear tree at the Center in Los Lunas and Suzette went the garden to harvest some arugula and kale and our first eggplant.

Here is a photo of today’s Harvest.

 I opened a chilled bottle of Emma Reichard German 100% Pinot Noir rose, my favorite under $5.00 bottle of rosé at Trader Joe’s.

After dinner I drank the last glass of rosé with two chocolate chip cookies.

Later I wanted to try a sniffer of German pear brandy with a couple of cubes of peeled fresh pear and a chocolate truffle. It was delicious.  The best new flavor treat of the day.

Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment