Thursday, August 6, 2020

August 5, 2020 Lunch PPI Ratatouille, and Baked Stuffed Zucchini with Lax and bagel. Dinner – Bobby Flay Sautéed Duck breast with Ratatouille and steamed broccoli




August 5, 2020 Lunch PPI Ratatouille, and Baked Stuffed Zucchini with Lax and bagel.  Dinner – Bobby Flay Sautéed  Duck breast with Ratatouille and steamed broccoli 

I slept until 7:15 and watched the stock market open up but with no advances by big tech.  By the end of the day my portfolio was up only a bit. I saw a laudatory speech by the CEO of Nikola so bought 200 Shares.

I rode two miles to Marquez and back and felt a lo5 better for the exercise all day. A little moderate exercise seems to do a lot of good.

At lunch I was still on my goal of clearing out the fridge.  I heated a piece of sausage stuffed Zucchini and Ratatouille and poured a glass of White Bordeaux.  I also sliced and toasted a ¼ inch thick slice of mixed grain bagel from Trader Joe’s and spread it with goat cheese and the lay slices of Gravad Lax.



I took out a four duck breasts and then napped after I checked my portfolio after lunch.

When Suzette arrived we discussed dinner.  We decided to cook all four breasts in one skillet Abby Flay style be weighing down yields duck breasts with a slightly smaller skillet filled water.

I cut florets from a head of broccoli and put them in the steamer with some water and took the orange sauce from the fridge and placed it in a small sauce pan. I added the last T. off Marsala to the sauce and later some of the jus from the cooked duck breasts.  I also sectioned an orange and added the sections and zest from about ½ of another orange to flavor and refresh the Orange Sauce.

We heated the Ratatouille and when Suzette had cooked the duck breasts to medium rare and steamed the broccoli she plated the plates by placing a pile of Ratatouille on a plate and stacking the steamed broccoli florets on top.  I sliced two duck breasts and Suzette lay hers on her plate, but since she had put extra Ratatouille on my plate I elected to place my duck breast on a separate plate so the orange sauce and Ratatouille would not mix.  We then sauced each duck breast and I opened a bottle of chilled 2017 Famille Perrin Reserve Cotes Du Rhône red and poured us glasses.

It was a wonderful dinner. I loved dipping bits duck into the orange sauce.

Later I ate a few chocolate truffles with a cup of tea and cognac as we watched Emma Thompson movie “Late Night” and went to bed at 10:15

Bon Appetit










No comments:

Post a Comment