Thursday, August 6, 2020

August 6, 2020 Lunch – 2000 Vietnam No. 21, Dinner – PPI Stuffed Squash and Caprese Salad and Bananas Foster

August 6, 2020 Lunch – 2000 Vietnam No. 21,  Dinner – PPI Stuffed Squash and Caprese Salad and Bananas Foster

I woke up at 4:30 and watched Morning Joe and squawk on the street until 6:00.  Morning Joe is the most organized and insightful daily news program.  For example, today they interviewed John Meacham and Richard Haas on Trump’s damage to the institution of the presidency.

Usually by 6:00 I can figure out the direction of the market for the day and whether I need to take some action. 

I went back to bed and rested until 7:00 and watched the next segment of Squawk on the Street with Jim Cramer.  Today they interviewed Nancy Pelosi who responded to a question by Jim Cramer about why the Republicans could not agree to some of the ways the Democrats were trying to help Americans, “Because they really don’t care.”  

I then worked a bit and ate two slices of toasted bagel spread with cream cheese at 9:45. I garnished 1 with Gravad Lax and red onion and the other with Whitefish and red onion and drank a cup of green tea.

I called Willy and we  agreed to meet for lunch.  I lay down at 11:30 and napped until 12:30. I then showered and ordered two No. 21’s from 2000 Vietnam. I drove pick up the No. 21’s and went to the bank and then drove to Willy’s apartment.  His container herb garden was in full bloom with lots of oriental basil, so we picked some to garnish our lunches.

It was pleasant eating on Willy’s patio with its exquisite view of the Sandias.

After lunch I went home and worked until 4:00 and then drank a lemonade and watched the news until Suzette came home at 5:30.

We planned a simple dinner; reheated PPI Baked Stuffed Zucchini and Caprese Salad.  I went to the garden and picked about ten basil leaves and made the Caprese Salad by successive slices of heirloom tomato, mozzarella cheese, red onion, and a basil leaf.  I then made a simple dressing by whisking balsamic vinegar and olive oil, which I drizzled over the salad.

After our light supper we decided to make bananas Foster.  I sliced two over ripe bananas in half and then Suzette sautéed them in butter and brown sugar in a medium skillet. When they took on a bit of color she drizzled them with rum and set it on fire to flambé them.

She then put a generous scoop of ice cream in a small bowl and spooned the flambéed bananas in their lovely sugary rum sauce over the ice cream.


A rather pleasant evening of food.


We watched Midsomer Mystery and then Inspector Lewis until 11:00 and then went to sleep.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment