Thursday, August 20, 2020

August 20, 2020 Lunch – 2000 Vietnam No. 21, Dinner – PPI Fried Chicken, Steamed Asparagus, and Baked Potato and Clafoutis

 August 20, 2020 Lunch – 2000 Vietnam No. 21,  Dinner – PPI Fried Chicken, Steamed Asparagus, and Baked Potato and Clafoutis

I awakened at 6:30 and watched Morning Joe.  It was a really slow news day until later in the morning when the US District Court in the subpoena case for President Trump’s financial ruled that the subpoena was not overly broad and ordered The financial records to be released.  Unfortunately Tump has two more appeals that will probably delay the release of Trump’s tax returns until after the election.

I ate a bowl of granola, milk, yogurt, and blueberries at 8:00 and watched the Market.  I decided t reduce my holding of Moderna from 1000 shares to 500 shares because it was continuing to drift downward perhaps because Johnson and Johnson has announced the start of a worldwide phase 3 test of its proposed vaccine in 60,000 subjects.

I guessed right because Moderna continued to be stalled while the 250 shares of JNJ rose more than $1.00/share.

The big tech stocks rebounded today and my portfolio rose almost 1%, another good day in the market. Over the last year my portfolio has risen 34%. My best annual return ever.

At 8:00 I rode five miles south with two sugar pills.

When I returned I dealt with car issues.   Jody was kind enough to help install a new battery in my mini and take the Prius for analysis on his computer.

At noon I drove to the bank and then 2000 Vietnam to pick up the two No. 21s I had ordered.  I drov

e back home and Willy met me and we ate lunch.  I added lots of fresh cilantro and basil and enjoyed ½ of the box of food.  Willy left after lunch and I put the remaining ½ in the fridge for tomorrow.







I then made myself a Vietnamese iced coffee with condensed milk and watched the last 15 minutes of the marketing cheered as several of my stocks made new highs, as did the NASDAQ.

I worked until 4:00 and then put three sweet potatoes and two russet potatoes in a 375 degree oven to bake for 45 minutes and then read the Grant biography for about ½ hour until the convention coverage began.

Suzette came home a few minutes after 5:00 hungry, so we started dinner. I had baked the potatoes and the Chicken has been two nights earlier, so all we had to do was to steam a handful of asparagus.


We had an open bottle of 2018 La Granja Spanish white blend of Viura and Verdejo grape juice that Suzette poured out.



P


So dinner prep was super easy.  The only thing I did was go to the garden and pick six chives and cut them.while I sliced the chives into thin rounds while Suzette plated the chicken, asparagus, and potatoes and I poured the wine.


We enjoyed this meal tremendously, especially the chicken.


After dinner I made Clafoutis. I pitted 5 cups of cherries and drizzled them with cognac and Grand Marnier.


I measured it 8 T. of powdered sugar and sdded ½ tsp. Of salt and stirred the dry ingredients.  I added three eggs to the dry ingredients and then 3 cups of scalded half and half. 


I buttered and coated a ceramic baking dish with sugar and poured the liquid custard mix into the dish and spooned in the cherries and baked the dish in a 350 degree oven for 50 minutes.  Here I’d how the Clafoutis looked when I removed it from the oven.


We ate small bowls of it while Joe Biden was speaking and at 10:00; we went to bed.  I blogged and Suzette slept.


Bon Appetit

 


No comments:

Post a Comment