Tuesday, August 4, 2020

August 4, 2020 Lunch – PPI Shrimp in Lobster Sauce, Pork and Vegetables, and fried Patty Pan Squash. Dinner – Creamed Zucchini and Corn Soup with cheese sandwiches

August 4, 2020 Lunch – PPI Shrimp in Lobster Sauce, Pork and Vegetables, and fried Patty Pan Squash. Dinner – Creamed Zucchini and Corn Soup with cheese sandwiches

Today I skipped breakfast and walked ½ mile and worked until 11:30 on corporate filings.  

Since tomorrow is trash day I looked for PPI candidates to throw out in the fridge.  I found one but three other containers seemed okay, so I heated an eclectic array of Shrimp in Lobster Sauce, Pork and Vegetables, and fried Patty Pan Squash.  All things that Suzette would never consider eating.  I love my Chinese preparations so the Pork and vegetables and Shrimp in Lobster sauce were delicious.  The patty pan squash was a little hard to take but I could not find rice, so I lay the other two dishes on the squash and tried to think it was a reasonable substitute for rice, which, of course, it was not.

 After lunch I drank a glass of Vietnamese iced coffee with condensed milk.  The coffee kept me fired up all afternoon.  I did a legal memo and completed a worksheet for my taxes and checked my portfolio that had been hanging around the flat line all day but within the last ½ hour began to move upward and finished up ½% amazingly.

Suzette came home at 5:30. I helped her unload groceries and store them in the garage fridge.  To make room for everything, we had to remove the pot of chicken stock we cooked last week. We decided to make a soup and since we had lots of corn and zucchini, we decided to make a cream of Corn and Zucchini soup.

We started by making a mirepoix by sautéing two onions, two stalks of celery, and two carrots in butter.  I then cubed two zucchinis and cut the kernels off two ears of cooked corn.  After we cooked those ingredients for an hour Suzette emulsified the vegetables with our submersible blender and added heavy cream and salt.  




The finished soup served with Iberico cheese sandwiches

I sliced pieces of French baguette and toasted the slices and buttered them and lay slices of Iberico cheese on them and we ate bowls of soup with cheese sandwiches.  We opened a bottle of a white Bordeaux blend of Sauvignon Blanc, Semillon, and Muscatdelle.  

The soup was fresh and delicious and rather filling.

After dinner we watched the Emma Thompson movie, “Late Night” on Prime Video and then went to bed at 10:30.

Bon Appetit 


No comments:

Post a Comment