Monday, August 17, 2020

August 17, 2020 Lunch – 2000 Vietnam No. 21, Dinner – Pork and Sauerkraut and Mashed Potatoes

 August 17, 2020 Lunch – 2000 Vietnam No. 21,  Dinner – Pork and Sauerkraut and Mashed Potatoes 

I slept until 8:00.. I then walked without sugar pills or breakfast but after I walked three blocks I realized my error and turned around.

When I got home I toasted a small whole wheat bagel, spread cream cheese on the two halves, lay a thin slice of red onion on each half and loaded flakes of Whitefish on the onion and drank a cup of Earl Grey tea.


At 10:30 I called Peter Eller to setup a lunch.  He agreed to eating a No. 21 from 2000 Vietnam. I then took off and drove to the library to pick up Grant, the biography by Ron Chernow.

I then drove to the bank and got my signature notarized and then ordered two No. 21s from 2000 Vietnam and two extra containers of fish sauce and then drove to 2000 Vietnam and picked up the order and drove home.

When I arrived home I called Peter and then made two Vietnamese iced coffee. When Peter arrived I went to the garden and picked a dozen basil leaves.

When I returned to the kitchen I fetched the fresh bunch of cilantro from the fridge. We sat at the dining room table and ate lunch.




Peter left a bit before 3:00 and I checked my portfolio and was pleasantly surprised that my portfolio gained .3% to reach a new high.

I then tried to reach a concrete contractor and filled in and mailed my absentee ballot for the general election..

Then I called Suzette and got the recipe for pork and sauerkraut.  I put 12 oz. of sauerkraut into the bottom of a large pot, then added the 5 lb. pork leg plus 2 carrots diced, 1 onion diced, and 24 oz. of Sauerkraut.

I then filled the pot with water to cover the ingredients and covered the pot and baked the dish at 325 degrees from 4:10 until 8:00.

At 7:00 suzette made mashed potatoes and we ate at 8:00 with a Guinness Blanc beer.

The meat was still a little tough so we cooked it until 10:00.  Here is what it looked like at 10:00.



Bon Appeti


Here is a picture 


No comments:

Post a Comment