Saturday, August 15, 2020

August 14, 2020 Lunch – Crab, ham, and egg Noodle Soup. Dinner – New Recipe Baked Pork Scaloppini with Mozzarella and Ratatouille over spaghetti

 August 14, 2020 Lunch – Crab, ham, and egg Noodle Soup. Dinner – New Recipe  Baked Pork Scaloppini with Mozzarella and Ratatouille over spaghetti 

I spent most of the day watching the market and TV news.  I talked two two clients, but did no significant legal work.  What was fascinating was the market activity as it went down and finally up at the end of the day. My portfolio after a lot of consternation ended within $200.00 of where it started.  


For lunch I made a soup that approximated a soup my mother used to make with crab meat, diced ham and egg clouds.  I used the crab stock Suzette has made on Sunday and added a bundle of fresh egg white noodles, some mushroom slices, onion, a T. of red miso, a diced Baby Bok Choy, and finally a mixture of four egg yolks, 1 tsp. Soy sauce and 1 T. of Aji Mirin and 1tsp. of sesame oil.


I met with Ron Elguera, mother’s friend and listened to his concerned and said I would try to help legally.

Suzette came home at 4:30 and made several suggestions.  It is a time of real hardship and uncertainty for many people.

So far my family and I have been spared.

I had thawed two boneless pork sirloins, so Suzette suggested making a sort of pork Parmigiana. I pounded the pork steaks flat. They fit perfectly in a 9x9 Pyrex baking dish. Then Suzette covered the three pork scallopini with slices of fresh mozzarella.  Then she poured the rest of the Ratatouille over the lice’s mozzarella and we sprinkled 2/3 cup of grated Pecorino Romano cheese on top and baked the dish in the steaming oven.

While the pork dish was cooking Suzette boiled 2/3 lb. of spaghetti.

When the spaghetti and pork dish were cooked we put spaghetti in a pasta dish and covered it with the 

pork Ratatouille and grated more cheese on top.







This was an easy dish to fix because we had the Ratatouille prepped. This recipe is a good example of using PPIs creatively.


We poured out the rest of the 2018 Pizzania Chianti which was delicious with the dinner.


Afterwards I ate a piece of chocolate cake and stayed up a bit of the night.


Willy came by at 8:30 and ate the last 1/3 of the dish.

Bon Appetit 


No comments:

Post a Comment